Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im trying to tune up my burgman 650 and im changing the sprk plug. I found one spark plug which is on the left side of the bike, however i cannot seem to find the second plug. My intuition tells me its on the right side yet it is impossible to get to as the radiator does not move back on that side like it does on the left. Can someone help me on this...

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
It is in there but you must fight with the radiator or remove it. I would suggest putting some cardboard over the radiators surface to 1. Protect it from getting bent fins, and 2. Protect your hands from those fins making hamburger of your knuckles.

Believe it or not, the factory tool set has the best tool to get those plugs out.

Make real sure that the coil "CLICKS" into place when done. A very common fault.

Pony up a few more bucks (x2) for NGK Iridium plugs and never change them again.

·
Registered
753 Posts
common fault.

Pony up a few more bucks (x2) for NGK Iridium plugs and never change them again.
+1 on that. That's what a lot of us do with our Goldwings. Good for 100K and instant starts as soon as the button is hit.

Anyone know which Iridium plug the Burgman 650 takes? I might go ahead and get some for when mine comes due for its first plug change.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Take out the two bolts that attach the radiator hinge to the frame and you can move the whole radiator several inches. You can pull it forward and lower it down without unhooking the hoses once the hinge is loose. That will give you better access but you will still need to come at the plug from the left side.

·
Registered
739 Posts
+1 on that. That's what a lot of us do with our Goldwings. Good for 100K and instant starts as soon as the button is hit.

Anyone know which Iridium plug the Burgman 650 takes? I might go ahead and get some for when mine comes due for its first plug change.
Looking for the correct size.. Makes sense to upgrade..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take out the two bolts that attach the radiator hinge to the frame and you can move the whole radiator several inches. You can pull it forward and lower it down without unhooking the hoses once the hinge is loose. That will give you better access but you will still need to come at the plug from the left side.
What u mean left side? left side when sitting on bike or facing it?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Karim

Have you looked at the 'How To' on Le Dude's site, as referenced in a reply to you above.

If not I suggest you do so now, as it will help you enormously and save you time waiting for specific answers to all the stuff that is well covered in the 'How To'.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Use BUSA search function , so very easy, you will obtain all info you need if use it.

Most these very basic subject been covered many many time before here.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
What u mean left side? left side when sitting on bike or facing it?
Normally when you say left or right on a bike it is as you are sitting on the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts