Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurred to me earlier today that exactly 46 years ago this evening some friends and I were parked at the top of Cole's Hill in Plymouth Massachusetts overlooking Plymouth Rock, in a 1965 Corvair Monza with a 9" Sony black & white TV on the hood--Watching men land on the moon

This happened because we had had a leader who knew how to set lofty goals and make it clear failure was not an option. We improvised, adapted, and overcame.

Pretty cool...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Incredibly proud moment for America. We could use a moment like that these days. Thanks for reminding us about that momentous day.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Well that's pretty interesting, because you remember, and it was a Corvair MONZA! :)

Wasn't the moon landing done on a soundstage in Hollywood etc :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Well I was watching the Moon landing but not from the hood of my Corvair. I was on the couch with my wife and my 2 month old son.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was a clueless 2-year-old toddler.

·
Registered
828 Posts
At that moment my father was 5 years old.
i always notice that most of you are over 50 years old and still riding, that should be called the two wheelers loyalty.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
We don't have the time or money to do those things now , we are much to busy paying for and fighting needless wars .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I was 21 and recall it clearly but not sure where I was.
I do try and forget my age then people come along and remind.

Then I get on the Wee and drop 40 years and go have fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPbnFc7iU8

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I'm sure that I was plopped down
in a big over-stuffed chair, watching
a fuzzy picture on an old black & white TV.

·
Administrator
18,734 Posts
I was 13 and took a break for the day from chasing GIRLS. Yes I did enjoy the day but those girls....... still haven't figured them out. :twisted:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was at my aunt's house watching it, went back three years ago for the town's 100th anniversary and stood on the empty lot remembering the moon landing and things we did in the house during holidays. Never forget the 10-9-8-7-6 etc, burned in the brain! (Houston we (I) have a problem...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nostalgia and all, has anyone noticed the pluto photos? It is a little further than the moon. Quite an accomplishment if you think about it. Too bad we don't have leaders like we had 46 years ago. maybe in 46 years we will look back and say those were the days......

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't remember exactly where I was at, but I was 16 and getting ready to start my senior year in high school. That senior year was a hoot!

·
Registered
630 Posts
You guys are ancient. I didn't even exist in 1969. Thank Sputnik for creating NASA and the political will needed to make that giant leap possible. Woof-woof! Or more accurately, гав-гав!

·
Registered
347 Posts
We don't have the time or money to do those things now , we are much to busy paying for and fighting needless wars .

TheReaper!
Really..... 46 years ago the war on poverty is only 5yrs. old, and by the way, how are we doing on that one? Viet Nam is in full swing, Riots and protest marches all over the country, cities burning, Bill and Hilary are smoking dope but not inhaling while studying Marxism. Meanwhile .... back at the halls of justice, J. Edgar Hoover puts on his super snooper costume, a nice little red number he picked up in the lingerie dept. at Macys.... And we still landed a man on the moon, hard to believe. God I miss the good ole days. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I was just back from Vietnam!

I was just home from the war. I spent my year as an infantryman. When I got home, I was oblivious to everything but my beautiful wife! However, I did have the pleasure of a private meeting with Neil Armstrong at his office at the University of Cincinnati in 1972. He was a very gracious host.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was busy with the war effort at Takhli AFB, Thailand. The video we received was almost decipherable, just 'snow' on the screen. The audio was just a little bit better. But, I DO remember the day well.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
In the Army out in the field, no info or video was around. Didn't know anything about it. I didn't see the video until I came back to the states after my discharge. A moment in history I missed. :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts