Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I noticed Washington state is listed #38. I wonder if one factor is the number of miles riders typically put on their bikes. We've had some good riding days earlier when riders came out like a bug swarm, but they quickly went away till this week when the weather dried out and temperatures warmed up.

It doesn't explain California though. So I'm puzzled.

Chris

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
Here is what I posted about it on another board:

Kind of a meaningless ranking as far as I can tell. They take a number of categories and rank the states 1 to 50 in each of those with 50 being the worst and 1 the best. They then add those across and rank the states based on the sum of their rankings in the individual categories. What they don't do is weight the categories.

They don't tell you what the difference is between say the ticketing rate that puts Montana at 1 and Florida at 50. Does that mean Florida writes 50 time as many tickets as Montana. Or does Florida write twice the tickets Montana does but when you rank them as absolutes you get a 1 to 50 ranking. That makes the results very contrived because a small difference in one particular category can negate a large difference in another. Useless data.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
convertfromVespa said:
It looks like there is a relationship with the ranking of state's education. :shock:
Georgia should be up higher then...just below Alabama. :blackeye:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
47th . . . who hoo! :thumbup: I don't Believe it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts