Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try an o-ring as my right hand goes numb so quickly.

Where do I put the o-ring? Is it on the thumb side of the grip or the pinky side? Sorry for being so dumb but I'm not a mechanic.

Someone mentioned a key ring to pull it on or off...how does this work?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Peggy

I just saw one on Dan Cote's bike. The ring goes on the pinky side. Slide it off the endcap when you want to use it. It drops into the slot between the cap and the throttle sleeve, creating enough friction to keep the throttle from rolling back when in use.

Not sure about the key ring!

Bill

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I believe the idea with the keyring is to assist in lifting the o-ring out of the groove.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine falls asleep too. Since it says this is your third post, I don't know how many miles you have ridden the Burgman or if you came from other bike riding experience, so what I'll suggest is in the interest of your safety. Neither would I suggest any newbie install a nitros oxide system on the Burgie without being REAL familiar with the bike. Next time out try this: Your right hand falls asleep because of pressure of the butt of the hand on the handlebar grip. Look at the palm of the right hand--follow the space between the ring finger and little finger straight down until you are even with the base of the thumb. Now while you're reading this, put pressure there. Yup, that's it, right there. It's ergononics. To quickly regain circulation when it falls asleep from riding--without letting go of the throttle--grip the throttle with the thumb and first finger while raising the butt of the palm up off the rubber. The asleep feeling relieves in mere seconds. After awhile, with enough of miles, it becomes automatic to drive sustained speeds for long distance with less pressure on the butt of the palm of the right hand. The brain quickly reacts to a cause up ahead resulting in a more firm grip for countersteering, accident avoidance, deer in the road, etc. It'll be quicker than undoing a mechanical thing.
Let us know if it works for you too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well I usually ride with my Fingers Extended instead of Curled Around the Grip...I uaually lay them on top of the Brake Handles.

I don't seem to get Hand Cramps/Sleeping Palms and it means I can Brake about 1/2 Second Sooner if I Suddenly Need Too..

This is Actually the way Recommended in "Proficient Motorcycling".

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
GeGe Lan said:
Well I usually ride with my Fingers Extended instead of Curled Around the Grip...I uaually lay them on top of the Brake Handles. ...This is Actually the way Recommended in "Proficient Motorcycling".
And it's especially easy to do if you have a Throttle Rocker.
Best $9.95 I ever spent!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts