Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are these the type you are looking for?

I got a set from Mustafa Plaza in Singapore back in march, 9.50 sing is about 7.00US. they are an oval cut longways and can be moved up and down on a hinge.
the closest I have seen in the States is the square wedge. Hope the pics help you find them in the states if that is what you are looking for. or you could try a Korean EBAY site.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
These Blind Side mirrors work well - I have them on my 650. However be aware you may have vibration problems which makes them more difficult to use than the standard mirrors. I helped the vibration issue by accident. In the back ot the mirror there is a plastic socket and ball - the socket split and I was about to toss it but happened to have some bondo. Using a zip-tie and some fiberous bondo I not only fixed the socket but also added mass to the assembly which helped with the vibration issue. After seeing this improvement I added a similar mass (zip-tie and bondo) to the other mirror and they seem more steady than before my "fix".
placervillebob

·
Registered
54 Posts
placervillebob said:
These Blind Side mirrors work well - I have them on my 650. However be aware you may have vibration problems which makes them more difficult to use than the standard mirrors. I helped the vibration issue by accident. In the back ot the mirror there is a plastic socket and ball - the socket split and I was about to toss it but happened to have some bondo. Using a zip-tie and some fiberous bondo I not only fixed the socket but also added mass to the assembly which helped with the vibration issue. After seeing this improvement I added a similar mass (zip-tie and bondo) to the other mirror and they seem more steady than before my "fix".
placervillebob
As the saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words." :D Would like to see the mirrors you are talking about.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
Those will not work with a Givi windshield.

I have used these for a few different bikes. $4.95 USD at Orrilys. http://www.causa.com/store/catalog.asp? ... ory_id=145

I have them mounted inboard and down low. I will try to take a pic.

[attachment=2:3fyhm7nk]Mirrors 1.jpg[/attachment:3fyhm7nk]

[attachment=1:3fyhm7nk]Mirrors 2.jpg[/attachment:3fyhm7nk]

[attachment=0:3fyhm7nk]Mirrors 3.jpg[/attachment:3fyhm7nk]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Did you look at Wal mart they have some?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Chet_Benson said:
Did you look at Wal mart they have some?
Don't know about the other guy but I just bought one to try out. $4.96 each at Wally World (link above in a previous post). They also have the ones Dave_J posted as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've had these, in two different sizes, on my Burgman since I bought it. Currently, I'm using the small size, but the medium works every bit as well. However, the medium is definitely more expensive. You would have a hard time telling them apart unless they were side by side.

http://www.safedriving.com/Smallauxiliarymirror.htm

The way mine are adjusted, I can see the front wheel of a motorcycle out of the corner of my eye while watching the road ahead, and still see the rear wheel in the mirror.

Some folks report interference with a Givi windshield, others don't. Not having one of those, I can't say myself. If you use the fork lock when you park, you will need to modify your behavior a little bit, you will have to swing the handlebars before you fold the mirrors, and you will need to unfold them before you straighten the front wheel out. Otherwise, the brake lever will slide across the top of the RH mirror. Not really a problem, but it's a little thing I prefer to avoid.

I've been using them on my wife's cage for well over a decade, and they will stay there as long as I have a say about it.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
chuckp73 said:
I've been using them on my wife's cage for well over a decade, and they will stay there as long as I have a say about it.
Not for long then eh? :lol:

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have the one's Dave J has on his mirrors and hate them. It is very difficult to get them set right. Then it seems any bump makes them
move slightly. I find my self constantly readjusting the little ba_ _ _ rds.
I like the other ones from wally world. Just wonder if the vibration would make it difficult to see out of them.

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
wayneman said:
I have the one's Dave J has on his mirrors and hate them. It is very difficult to get them set right. Then it seems any bump makes them move slightly. I find my self constantly readjusting the little ba_ _ _ rds. I like the other ones from wally world. Just wonder if the vibration would make it difficult to see out of them.
They work fine if you just cross your eyes. :D I have had these on my 650 for 3 months with no problems, ..... YET.

They saved my bacon this morning on the commute. I normally do a head check on freeway on-ramps to see whats coming on down. This morning I got distracted by the nut case SUV driver in front of me. He/She was weaving in and out of the HOV lane, speeding up and slowing down. Then just as that SUV driver exited the lane at 45 MPH in a 60 MPH zone I was going to nail it to make sure that it didn't come back over when I did a quick check of the SPOT mirrors and THERE was the MAN, a State Trooper in my normal blind spot. I got up to 63 MPH and he pulled in behind me. I had given the nut case driver the "WHATS UP" "arms up shrug sigh" a few times and that is called "Aggressive Driving" and is a $450 fine. Then just as the SWEAT started running down my back, he looked over at the SUV, slowed down and pulled it over. Probably a Cell phone or Texting driver.

That section of the freeways HOV "HOT" lane is double white lined and you must wait for an exit. The SUV did exit at an exit but I could not pass them until then. I had been behind this driver for two miles of that crap. The two right lanes were empty for at least 1/2 mile but I can not cross that double line. :roll:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts