Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering that the domestic versions of this bike are called the "Sky Wave" by Suzuki, does anyone have any idea where/how they came up with "Burgman
for the export models??

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts
spiderman, superman and mikeymarine were already taken, and chucknorrisman sounded kinda lame for a bike, so there you have it 8)

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
The same German marketing agency was used decades before, when a fledgling Japanese auto manufacturer really needed a name for their company. The company was preparing to launch its first car but did not have a name for the Company. The Germans looked over the documents and the information provided by the Japanese car company, and responded that they would take the assignment and that they would have an appropriate name in about 6 weeks. The Japanese reps responded they could not wait that long, so the Germans put their heads together and said "OK, we can do it in 4 weeks". The representatives said no, no, they were ready to launch and they could not wait...they needed a name. The Germans asked them when they needed the name. The Japanese reps responded "3 days!" The Germans looked up at the Japanese delegation and questioned: "Dat SOOOOON?" And thus Datsun was born. LoL.. :blackeye:

"Thu Apr 3, 2008 10:07 am
david chapman wrote:
I too couldn't find an email address to Suzuki in Japan so I sent my email to the CEO of Marketing European operations of Suzuki the question Where does the name Burgman come from and if he didn't know would he ask in Japan on my behalf.

I gave my email address and my telephone number and at 12 midday they rang me. It was the CEOs office of marketing and she told me the following. The name Skywave had been registered in Japan and the US but they had received objections to using the name in Europe as another manufacturer had already registered the name.

They had little time to research an alternative as the bike was about to be launched so they commissioned a German Marketing Agency to develop a name that gave a feeling or subliminal connection to Aristocracy or people of achievement without it being the top ie King or Monarch but somewhere below. They received names relating to Bergers, Burgerman, and buildings that were constructed on high levels and they all fell into a closer feeling for the name they would use. Although they're is no real Burgman name as it was a ******* type combination without any real accurate association they felt the name Burgman was a good name and gave the bike an name of an aristocratic link as they interpreted it so it would be felt it was a bike to be looked up to or a bike that was elevated above others. They felt that Burg could be higher and the addition of man was a good enough link..."

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Now who has the biggest scooter in town?
You Sidney, You Sidney

What kind of scooter, model and type?
Suzuki Burgman Executieve

What's the displacement, how much power?
Sishundred-fifty, 55 horses

Can anyone keep up with me?
No Sidney, no one can keep up with you.

I am the king of scooters, cars spread to obey me.

In this city I am the lord, to enter you need a password.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=46378&hilit=+king

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
What does "Jap" have to do with Suzuki and Burgman?

Chet_Benson said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
ErikDK said:
Now who has the biggest scooter in town?
You Sidney, You Sidney

What kind of scooter, model and type?
Suzuki Burgman Executieve

What's the displacement, how much power?
Sishundred-fifty, 55 horses

Can anyone keep up with me?
No Sidney, no one can keep up with you.

I am the king of scooters, cars spread to obey me.

In this city I am the lord, to enter you need a password.

http://www.burgmanusa.com/forums/viewto ... ilit=+king
Gotta Love it my Danish Brother! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts