Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning the filters on my Burg 400, one of the plastice rivets got misplaced :oops: or grew legs and walked away, so I'm missing one.

I'm sure I can find one at the dealer (probable will have to order it, dealer here doesn't carry a whole lots) but does anyone know of another place?

·
Registered
100 Posts
fastners

I found some at a local hardware store. It seems that they are used by car manufactures as well as motorcycles. The first ones I replaced, I ordered thru my local dealer. $2.50 each. The ones at the store were a $1.00 each.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where can you find those plastic rivets?

Hi Ruthie:
I would think that a Burgman dealer would have spares just in case they lost one (or more). I did my 600 mile check and adjustments about a month ago and wound up with two "extras". Couldn't figure out where they should have gone!! I even opened up almost every fairing and panel again and STILL couldn't find any vacant holes. Since then I've ridden another 500 miles and no parts have fallen off :)
I looked at Lowes to see what they had... just in case I'd ever be missing
some.... and they don't have anything exactly the same... just the kinds you'd find on vehicles. They might work, but I'd prefer the same kind that are installed on the scooter.
If your bike is still in warranty, you might complain that they were not there when you got the bike(?) :twisted:
Loren

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
You can also find this type of push pin in a auto junk yard, But I think buying them is the best way to go :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Posted yesterday about this, but here you goes: http://www.jcwmotorcycle.com

part # AGS262935N pkg of 10/$5.95 Shipping is $6.95 up to $24.99 in

total price - I ordered 2 packs since the shipping wasn't going to be any

more.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
As long as you operate them properly, these push pins seem pretty durable. I haven't had to replace even one in 14,000 miles. The ones on the lower leg shields in particular have been pulled and replaced a number of times. But there is always the possibility of losing one I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts