Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing to need to replace my rear tire and was going to give the dark side a go. That being said, I can't find a tire. Which tire are other 400 owners using?

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I google Burgman 400 darkside, I get a reference on this forum to the Bridgestone Potenza 165/65x13.

Report your findings here as I'm sure others will find it interesting or useful.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm...... no luck. I tried to find that tire but even tire rack doesn't sell any tires in that size.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Apparently Bridgestone still makes the tire though. Link. Try a phone call to a local tire dealer and see if they are able to order one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is really kind of outside my area of expertise, but the idea of darksiding a 400 has piqued my interest. I looked at Roy's link, but the thing that bothers me most about those tires is the 'SN' type for the tire. I couldn't find a tire type to match the 'SN' designation.

I did find another link for a P165/70R13 passenger car tire here. It's obviously a foreign manufacturer or otherwise they have the dumbest marketing department in the world for naming a tire 'Achilles' (a warrior who was destroyed by a puncture wound to his 'tire').

By my calculations, the Bridgestone Hoop 150/70x13 has a diameter of 21.3". The 165/70R13 would have a diameter of 22.1". The tire on my 2011 400 is worn down to the wear bars and I can just barely fit a .70" diameter rod between the tire and the back of the engine casing. The calculated radius difference between the 165/70r13 and 150/70x13 tires is .41". I don't know how much of my tire's diameter is missing though. But the larger diameter (3.9%) means the tire will spin more slowly which should improve your speedometer accuracy.

The OEM Hoop is 5.9" wide and the 165/70R13 is 6.5" wide. It would be a tight fit, but it seems like it would work.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I used a Nexen CP621 on a 650 and was very pleased with it. It performed better than the Potenza and the Formoza FD1 I have used. Unfortunately, I can not find another CP621. I do not believe Nexen is producing them anymore. I did find one CP641, but I have not mounted it yet to see how it performs. I will mount it later in Oct.

However, a 400 maybe a totally different situation.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Erik, I do not know anything about 400 darkside tire sizing. The 155/70-13 is very close to the stock tire size. Has anyone used the 165/70R13? Is the 155/70-13 used more? Pros/cons of each size?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts