Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're out here in North Central Illinois just waiting for my wifes 400 to arrive at the dealership. She started looking at different scooters 150's, 250's etc.when the salesman turned us on to the Burgman 400. What a good move that was...we can't wait for it to arrive. He said if she wanted to ride along with me on my 750, the Burgman was the best thing going, and he sold 3 other major brands. I love the style of this thing, and could see myself on a 650.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA! I am sure your wife will enjoy the AN400. As for the AN650, you wouldn't ride the Shadow 750 very often if you bought one. It is much more practical, and it will easily outperform the Shadow on the road. :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Willow. Glad to have you join us. Pass on our congratulations to your wife and invite her to join us on the forums too. Your lucky to have a smart salesman that suggested the Burgman. She'll have a blast riding it. And if she'll let you ride it every now and then, you'll enjoy it too. :p

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings :wave: and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new 400. How long do you have to wait to take delivery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were at the dealers yesterday, but he wasn't sure when it would be in. All he could say is "I call as soon as it hits the door". We're getting anxious waiting for it's arrival...hey maybe it will show for xmas.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome. It's nice to see another Illinoian join in. Brenda and I take our 400 all over down here. A 100 mile ride on it is comfortable and relaxing for both of us. Members can be more specific in comparing the two sizes for you based on terrain, size, length of rides,etc. We're down near STL. How far north are you? The members have a wealth of knowledge on both sizes. If you haven't committed to a size, pick their brains.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have ordered the AN400, and are just waiting for it's arrival. We live in North Central IL..about 100 mi. sw of Chicago. Since my wife is only 130 lbs, and will be riding 1up, the 400 should do just fine. The only problem she'll have is keeping me off of it. I like my AERO 750 just fine, but the Burgman does look very comfortable, and stable. Who knows a 650 could be in my future.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi Willow,

As an 'away' southern illinoisian, I congratulate you on your new 400
'on the way' scoot.

A long time ago, far away, I picked up a replacement HondaMatic from
Jugenheimer's in Davenport, IA.
And you know, there are a lot of dealers in your area, not to mention Chicago,
that could have a Dealer Transfer AN400 to your local dealer in just a few days.
Your dealer must be taking their time, 'cause they know you want it.

You're gonna love the fact that when you ride the Burgy in the summertime, that you
won't get farmland insects on your clothes like you would with an old-style
motorcycle.

·
Registered
969 Posts
H'lo W'lo!

Y'all rahd own dawn t' suthun Illunaws raht soon, y'heah? (I'm a transplanted northerner - Waukegan area.)

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Willow

I just hate waiting too! :lol:

Welcome to the forum :hello2: - guess you will be getting a Lardy before too much longer! :)

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
seatec said:
Hey Norman, how come you had no comment on the photo in gallery of my extra wide lardy :shock:
Well Seatec,mainly cos I am a lazy old git. I will have a look this evening and think of a suitable comment :wink: I cannot guarantee it will be worthy though. :lol: :lol:
Would make it easier if your signature had a link! (Hint) :) :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Nope - I have been through all 18 pages of the gallery and could not find an album titled Seatec .......anything.!

Sorry.

:cry:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Okay Wasions, you then have The Largest Boat Marina on Lake Michigan!
http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/site/ ... nthrop.htm

I remember when Zion Nuclear was being built in the early 60's.
The construction trucks were parked at Sheridan Road and they had
this strange looking reddish caked mud on them with Arizona plates.
I was determined to find out where that color mud came from and
found out 20 years later >
Palo Verde Nuclear.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Wayne

I did not connect sorry :(

I have now seen your pics Seatecs Pics

You certainly have added some useful girth
More lardy for sure, but not a source of mirth
Storage by the cubic yard, or by the litre
Now with hard cases it looks so much neater
A skilled craftsman has applied himself here
Now there is plenty of room for additional fuel or even beer!!

OWZAT!

·
Registered
969 Posts
ajwood said:
Okay Wasions, you then have The Largest Boat Marina on Lake Michigan!
http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/site/ ... nthrop.htm

I remember when Zion Nuclear was being built in the early 60's.
The construction trucks were parked at Sheridan Road and they had
this strange looking reddish caked mud on them with Arizona plates.
I was determined to find out where that color mud came from and
found out 20 years later >
Palo Verde Nuclear.
That marina is on the site of an old surfing spot.

http://www.lakesurf.com/

On the upside, the ComEd plant raised the water temp by a couple of degrees (to almost tolerable)! I think the nuc facility is shut down now.

Do you remember Zion's Duck?

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts