So where are the other 650 Execs?

Al has one, and I have one.

That's two.

There are 30 in Canada, supposedly.

Where are the other 28 Execs? :?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Where are all the other Burgmans, period? If 2 out of 30 execs found this site, that's <7%. Do you suppose 7% or more of all the Burgmans sold have found this site?

Of course the same is true with every product related web forum. You can't MAKE them find you. It's a good thing, though. No one could keep up with the posts if there were 15 times more people visiting here.

Just an early thought. :wink:

Dave B.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That is a good question Rick. There was only one other Executive allotted to Vancouver Island and that was in Victoria so I don’t expect to see that Executive. There are a number of 650’s and 400’s on the Island but I have only seen one other than the people I know that own them.

The dealer here in Nanaimo has 2 Silver Wings that have not sold in about the six months and 1 Yamaha Majesty that he has had for probably 6 months as well. The sales dude said that people are buying Burgmans not Silver Wings or Majesty’s. So, where are the Burgman’s?

·
Registered
60 Posts
And I just picked mine up from the dealer in Cranbrook - traded my 04/650 - the dealer in Vernon has one that he didn't know that he had!!! he also has an new 04/650 in stock 250-549-3730 ask for Kevin. There was another available from Modern in Vancouver as of last Wednesday 604-876-0182 ask for Erin

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did see one blue 400 Burgman last holiday Monday going by Hutches Burlington lakeside restaurant in the PM as I was standing in the parking lot explaining about the 650 to a biker who was very interested.

Also saw one silver 650 parked outside my dealers on Saturday (yesterday) but could not find the owner.

BTW, I was in there in response to a call from the dealer to pick up my new FREE portable DVD player and Suzuki backpack.

Total Surprise! :shock:
It was never mentioned and I never brought it up.
Apparently they put in my name for the time I firmed up the order for scoot, so I did not miss the May 3rd deadline like I thought I did.
Cool 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Allburg - In looking at you gallery pics - did the chrome piece on the front of your cowl come with your exec?
Ted

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome funone88,

Hope you enjoy your new Exec!

I know Al and I are having a great time riding around on ours, throwing them on the ground etc. :p

Let us know WHEN you get your first scratch.
Maybe we can go together on a 5 gallon barrel of touch up paint
(is yours blue?)

Well, there's another one, that's 3! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rick - I guess i'll join the the pack - picked up some scratches and a broken signal lens during an avoidance manoeuvre on a strech of road between Kaslo & New Denver. Lots of Deer and even a Bear that had his rump on my front fender. All of this happened on my trip home after taking delivery!! Thank goodness for ABS. I had to take the ditch to avoid contact with the bambi but I had slowed enough to avoid major damage to the bike - just a few scratches along the left front cowl - left mirror and a broken front signal lens and a wee scratch on the rear passanger bar. Not bad considering the circumstances EH! Now the question is how quickly can we get parts??? The 05 lens is clear unlike the 04's which are amber.
So you see we all have scratches now - is there comfort in our misery!!
Cheers Ted

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
funone88 said:
snipped
So you see we all have scratches now - is there comfort in our misery!!
Cheers Ted
I don't know about comfort, but at least we have company :roll:

To quote my boss "OK, so now it's not a virgin..ride it"

I do some day want to fix the assorted scratches, and make it perfect again, but it still works fine.

Trying not to be anal about it.

At least nothing got really broken, just an appearance thing.

Has anyone found a touch up paint source that ships to Canada yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rick - I havn't tried to source touch up paint as yet - I thought I would talk to a 3M pin strip artist first to see what kind of magical work they can do - my scratches are mainly along the very edge of the cowling - it might make it easier to hide the sins! My concern is the availability of parts namely singnal lens?
Ted

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
lilleyen said:
Has anyone found a touch up paint source that ships to Canada yet?
If you need someone here in the US to get and mail you some touch-up paint, let me know. I would think a small touch-up paint bottle would be O.K. to ship, but they might question an aerosol can for safety reasons.

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks for the offer Dean - as stated earlier in the thread - we need 5 gallons of it up here :p I will try this week to find a source here if not I'll get back to you!
Ted

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
See, ya should-a got silver! Not only is it faster, but it hides scratches better! :wink:

On Saturday I went for a ride with 'ekp' (Eric) and we happened to run into another Burger rider, 'Blueburg of Happiness' (Steve). Steve's 650 is blue, and was dropped on both sides by the previous owner. Fairly minor, mostly just cosmetic scratches, but the white definitely shows through the blue.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
frugality said:
See, ya should-a got silver! Not only is it faster, but it hides scratches better! :wink:

snipped but the white definitely shows through the blue.
White?
On my burgs top back end corner, (above the tail lights), it shows black where the scrapes are.
There does seem to be a little white showing on the front fairing scrapes but I thought it was just wax or something.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hm. Steve's was showing a lot of white. Either his scooter picked up a lot of white paint from being laid down, or the primer they used on the older ones was white and they switched to a darker primer on on the new ones... :?:

I hope to not find out what color is under my silver. (knock on wood) :?

·
Registered
373 Posts
So where are the other 650 Execs?
I have a '03' Executive here in the UK, and I love it! :)
I have never seen another burgman 650 never mind seeing an executive!

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
This is EZ Rick.

They are all (well 3 of them anyway) way up in the large corner office with the BIG windows, enjoying listening to themselves speak and comparing handicaps.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
There is a silver Ex in at Procycle if any one is interested, its still in box, i am not getting it, so it will go fast. Fishing is not good this year, so i will wait and see what next year brings. 902 468 2519, ask for John. I will test ride it for you if you would like that and put the Ex scratches on it to break it in :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts