Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best time to sell your Burgman 650 is when you are tired of your Burgman and want another scooter or motorcycle.
Selling my Burgman

You can buy a smaller or larger bike -but as long as you ride it doesn't make a difference whether riding a motor driven scooter or an oversize barge. This doesn't mean that the Burgman is not a good bike. The B650 held out very well and no complaints :cheers:

So those who ask so many questions about whether or not they should sell their Burgman should just do it with no regrets then buy whatever bike they want with no apologies :D

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Looks like your trading it in or is it on consignment out there in Hollyweird? What are you wanting/getting next?
I would have no problem selling a 650 but my 400 would need a whole lot more smiles on her before I think about selling her.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I had an ugly thought about it 2 days ago when it was juttering so bad it was embarrassing me, and there's less then 6000 miles on it! No excuse for that!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
That's about the mileage & the price I paid for my 09 I bought 6 weeks ago from a cycle shop in Oceanside. :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,582 Posts
your executor or executrix is supposed to do that if you didn't specify it in your will who it goes to , I'm takin mine with me when I go ,

btw

suzuki still has no info out yet on the 2014 400 yet and no 2013 manual for the 650 ,

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scootereno said:
What are you wanting/getting next? I would have no problem selling a 650 but my 400 would need a whole lot more smiles on her before I think about selling her.
I was thinking the same way. The 650 is too large and porky... I wanted a smaller motorcycle. My ideal motorcycle was the Honda SH150i with great gas mileage and the better commuting bike. Someone hit me and totaled out the SH150i.. I didn't want my 650 to be my daily commuter. The 400 would definitely be a better choice for a daily commuter. Instead I got the Honda Metropolitan 50cc. At 100mpg

Mike337 said:
I had an ugly thought about it 2 days ago when it was juttering so bad it was embarrassing me, and there's less then 6000 miles on it! No excuse for that!
I was running my Honda Metropolitan 50cc like a motorcycle and after 900mi the belt and roller bearings started to jutter. I had sold my 650 in Feb 2013. When I could use my Honda Metropolitan 50cc as a normal commuter bike, I bought back my B650 and now using it as my commuter bike after someone ran a stop sign and I got rid of my SH150i. It was then that knew I needed my B650 and now using it as my commuter bike :cheers: I'm keeping my B650 :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Isn't that a personal decision.......???? Everyone has their own reasons for selling..

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll sell my Burgman hopefully right before the repair that costs more than the bike is worth. This will probably have something to do with the belt. I may also decide to attempt the work myself but Knowing my skill level at wrenching I'll probably buy a new-to-me one first and sell the "fixed" one when it's back together and running. Since I only have 40K miles on her I hope to beat the odds and drive her for another 40K before replacement.

·
Registered
94 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
your executor or executrix is supposed to do that if you didn't specify it in your will who it goes to , I'm takin mine with me when I go ,

btw

suzuki still has no info out yet on the 2014 400 yet and no 2013 manual for the 650 ,
I'm with you, Mikey. Just strap me on the back, like something from " Weekend at Bernie's" and ride me to my grave.
Casket? We don't need no steenk'in caskets.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'll sell my Burgman "WHEN THEY PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HAND" - ..............Quote from the former NRA President Charlton Heston................!!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They removed the Burgman 650 listing to the direct link in my first post.

I had sold my 2009 Burgman 650 in Feb 2013.. and was surprised that no one bought it. I had kept it in such great shape that it looked newer than the NEW 2011 and 2009 Burgman 650 models. During the time I had my Burgman 650 for 3 years, I managed to get all the squeaks and minor details done before I sold it. It took months to find all the "squeaks" including those in the dash and windscreen. It had a new rear tire at 7,000mi, never been at redline. Oil change and service all done on schedule, etc. etc. Break-in done properly to where the engine is smoother now than when I first bought it. The engine is just starting to smooth out. I had put black duc tape to keep all the tupperware fasteners in place.

When it came to buying the Burgman 650, I was either going to buy my own Burgman 650 back again or not buy a Burgman at all :lol: After 3 months of not riding my B650.. I wasn't even tempted by the BMW scooters, never looked at the any new Burgmans.

My final and ONLY decision was to buy my Burgman 650 back *AGAIN* :D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
HOGB8 said:
mikeyMarine said:

btw

I'm with you, Mikey. Just strap me on the back, like something from " Weekend at Bernie's" and ride me to my grave.
Casket? We don't need no steenk'in caskets.
A guy from the town I live in gave his dead father a last ride, tied to the sissy bar of his Harley to the places that had been important to his father.
I don't know if the father was a rider himself.

There was a film made about it.
The son was a criminal with a psychiatric history, who ended up killing himself playing russian roulette, but it's still a touching story.

October 28, 1998
A Danish man bade his dead father farewell by taking his corpse for a motorcycle ride over the weekend, stopping at a bar for beer and a cigar. Flemming Pedersen, 37, asked the staff at the hospital where his 86-year-old father died if he could be left alone with him for a while, the tabloid BT reported on Monday. Pederson dressed the rigid corpse in leather gear, boots, a helmet and dark sunglasses and walked it out of the hospital. Then he strapped the body to the seat of his Harley Davidson with elastic straps and drove around metropolitan Copenhagen for three hours, visiting his father's favorite spots. He stopped at a curbside bar, where he bought two beers and stuck a lit cigar between his dead father's lips. Pedersen said he had taken the last ride with his father to have a chat with him and that he felt good about it afterward. (Netscape News, generously donated by Sherrard Ewing)
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/motorcyclenewsdetail/id=1027/newsarticle1027.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts