Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the Suzuki website, no mention of the new models yet.
Even a Google search just turns up 2013 reviews and specs....
When do the new colors/specs get announced???
:santa:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Base on past 10 year, most often November or December, believe once in January also.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Generally at the fall motorcycle shows and then arrive at the dealers sometime in the late spring. Here in the USA that all depends on how many 13's sold and how many still remain unsold. The North American market for scooters is the smallest and therefore the last to get anything. :(

·
Registered
739 Posts
With no specific knowledge on my part, I would be surprised if they did anything new given that the 2013 was just introduced a few months ago..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Since dealers have them in stock, that is if they even stock them, I would say maybe next summer or fall. I would also look for big Suzuki discounts on the 2013 650 Burgman's before the 2014's would arrive, maybe even the Burgman 400's to. I see dealers are even posting in their ads a $1000 discount off of list price on the 650's which is probably pretty close to their cost just to get them out of their inventory. I don't own a 650 Burgman yet, but I'm having a hard time with the resale values of this scooter, in fact motorcycles in general are down across the board. I've always had good luck in reselling my bikes if I stayed with the popular models, but todays market has changed so much that resale values are way down as sales are to. I'm not trying to be negative here, but it's how the market is on these scooters today.

John

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Since dealers have them in stock, that is if they even stock them, I would say maybe next summer or fall. I would also look for big Suzuki discounts on the 2013 650 Burgman's before the 2014's would arrive, maybe even the Burgman 400's to. I see dealers are even posting in their ads a $1000 discount off of list price on the 650's which is probably pretty close to their cost just to get them out of their inventory. I don't own a 650 Burgman yet, but I'm having a hard time with the resale values of this scooter, in fact motorcycles in general are down across the board. I've always had good luck in reselling my bikes if I stayed with the popular models, but todays market has changed so much that resale values are way down as sales are to. I'm not trying to be negative here, but it's how the market is on these scooters today. John
I would have a difficult time buying a new scooter or motorcycle in the current economic climate. With the accessories on it, I bought a 09 Burgman 650 in July for about half of what it cost new. I bought a 2009 Yamaha V-Star 650 last week for about half of what a new one costs now (not considering the $1,000 in accessories). The Burgman had 11,000 miles on it but the V-Star had only 700.

I bought both a spotless loaded Burgman 650 and like new loaded V-Star for $2,900 less than the MSRP of a new Burgman 650. They had both been on the market for a long time with them dropping the price several times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't know they just introduced the 2013 model 650 in July! We in Seattle have a big "International Motorcycle Show" the first week in December, so that's usually a good time to check out the new releases. I want to trade in my 2004 400, but the kbb on it (Trade-In) won't even cover the sales tax/destination fee/etc. on a new 2014 650...
:-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts