Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find any info about this searching the 650 forum, so ...

Are my '04 650 wheels painted? I pulled the front today just for grins and tried to clean the brake-dust stains using isopropyl alcohol and WD-40. The WD-40 made short work of the old tar stains and the alcohol removed some of the brake-dust stains on the outer rim, but neither made a dent in the ugly stains on the inner portion of the wheel and on the spokes.

Have any of you addressed this problem? I plan to replace the bearings and seals before making a long trip in a few months and it would be nice to have clean, shiny wheels into which to install the new parts.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Yes they are painted. The paint code is YD8 and the color is Metallic Sonic Silver

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I call what you are seeing Patina. It shows the bike has lovingly been ridden. It is not a garage queen. A badge of honor if you will.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Good news are that Christmas is nearing, and you will be able to find OEM-quality spray paint for refinishing the wheels:

Silver decoration spray.

Some thinner on a cloth will wash the OEM wheel paint right off

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Couldn't find any info about this searching the 650 forum, so ...

Are my '04 650 wheels painted? I pulled the front today just for grins and tried to clean the brake-dust stains using isopropyl alcohol and WD-40. The WD-40 made short work of the old tar stains and the alcohol removed some of the brake-dust stains on the outer rim, but neither made a dent in the ugly stains on the inner portion of the wheel and on the spokes.

Have any of you addressed this problem? I plan to replace the bearings and seals before making a long trip in a few months and it would be nice to have clean, shiny wheels into which to install the new parts.
I have used a household product called - "CLR" - calcium, lime and rust remover - works miracles for me on just about everything. It is a liquid and just soak a rag with it and rub a little - or - you can pour some into a spray bottle..let sit for about 2 minutes and just wipe all the crap away.. Available just about anywhere.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I vote plasti dip. I'm doing all my plastic in it, and it is used on wheels too. What's nice is, you don't like it, it comes off, you like it, it just simply stays put. Look into it. Really cool stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts