Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front wheel bearing is bad now and need to get new bearings, I am wondering if anyone know any good aftermarket bearings of just go for stock bearings? I am in Mexico for two weeks so I have time to look around and order bearings on time when I come back

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
If Mitch believes his bearings are bad - I believe him.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mitch, I've found the stock ones are OK and as utter chaos says, they last OK. I have fitted Timken & Skf also and those were sealed both sides which is better. OEM as you prolly know are sealed just on one side. Whatever you go for there's not much in it in my experience. Good luck bud!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
At last Mitch returned to Burgmans. But first new video will probably hit cinemas :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I believed fully sealed bearings are the way to go in Texas as i feel all the bulldust generated there can get into the oem bearings and shorten their life LOL.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bulldust haha hmm I am not sure what is that...

I am trying to find the timken bearings, not sure how to find right one?

·
Registered
280 Posts
In the Australian outback driving stirs up the dust like fog and its hard to bear, this is also like the dust generated on cattle stations by a herd of cattle mixed with their bullxxxx so the term arose bulldust. The term was also applied to someone who bragged how much bigger or better was the things they had. Like the texans telling us their cattle were bigger and the ranches bigger than everyone else's LOL. Hope this helps to understand some of our slang used here. It funny how something in one country means one thing and in another means something else, for example when i was visiting north Island Navy in California on behalf of Australian government was shock when playing darts when the girls all yelled at me they were rooting for me they all turned red when one of the sailors told them what it meant in Australia.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So Mitch, how many miles on your Burgman when you noticed the bearings going bad? Did it happen all at once and leave you stranded somewhere? Are both bearings bad? I'm sure you'll let us know or show us how to replace them.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I was making the run from Wilmington, DE home to Tampa about five years ago. Around South Carolina I started hearing high-pitched short squeaks but couldn't identify the source. After a while I realized it was my front bearings. The bearings themselves weren't making the sound; they were seizing and making the front tire lock up briefly.

I would have stopped, but for the fact that I was trying to get back to get my daughter out of jail... so I just kept going and hoped for the best. I made it though and got new bearings and a front tire the next day at my local shop.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I just stumbled upon these bearings:

http://www.nskamericas.com/cps/rde/xchg/na_en/hs.xsl/innovative-607.html

Molded-Oil™ Bearings

Molded-Oil™ Bearings are lubricated with NSK’s original oil-impregnated material, Molded-Oil™, and are suitable for corrosive and dust-contaminated environments.
Product Features

• Molded-Oil™.
  • Stainless steel for corrosive environments.
Product Benefits

Molded-Oil™ provides continuous supply of lubrication oil.

• Grease-free property with no oil refilling keeps operating environments clean.
  • Operating life more than twice as long as grease lubrication, in water or dust-contaminated environments.
  • Contact-seal type available in standard inventory for ball bearings.
  • Achieves extended maintenance-free performance as Molded-Oil™ provides a continuous supply of lubricant. Available for high speed applications.
  • Available in ball bearing, spherical roller bearing and tapered roller bearings types.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts