Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
S-steel, lots of research, narrow the field, close innspection, and trust my gut. Strategy has served me well this many years and lots of bikes. Only one disaster in the bunch and the Bultaco was my brothers idea. Never did trust that guy.

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
^^^^Try Facebook Marketplace for scooters.
Our good buddy S-steel hales from the Country of Cyprus
I’m not sure what Evil Facebooks penetration is there yet ....😱

Reactions: 808

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
we have fartbook. notice how fartbook mentions "over 1 week ago" for ads that sit for months. and annoying how they push crep down your throat trying to get you to interact with everyone. "still interested?"
hard enough im trying not interact with myself.

all I can say is that the folks here are delusional. one guy I spoke to today says the market value of the scooter is $6700...I told him, yea, maybe 3 years ago. today book value is $4800 and it sells for at least $1200 to start off. I had to send him a video showing it. guys are drugs. who the hell will buy a 600cc? very few people. the maintenance on that is through the roof. and you can see it when I ask them what maintenance they did, and they dont do it as scheduled because its high price. so basically when im buying it, I have a fine to pay for maintenance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
S-Steel is in Cyprus. Cyprus is a beautiful little island that is only 140mi by 60mi at is longest east/west north/south. Population 1.2 mil. Extensive road system with limited freeways and speed limits. B200 for utility and leisure, B400 for comfort if you have the dosh. How would the American buying used experience compare?

My method is to decide what I will pay, bring cash, show cash, sellers choice. Over fifty years I see bike, buy bike (or not), ride bike, deal with it. I won't pay sellers for the tires they wore out or the maintenance they deferred or the interest still owed on their outstanding loan. I start at book value and minus $$ all that and the brake pads they used, the fork oil and brake fluid they never changed, etc, until I arrive at a price I will pay. The seller didn't take it off the showroom floor with all that stuff used up and worn, they used it, so why would I pay for what they used? Nuff Sed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts