Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Load: 2 big passengers (total ~400lbs). Flying into a 5Kph wind. Flat straight away. Large GIVI windshield.
Indicated speed: 174Kph.
True corrected speed (-8% error verified with GPS): 160.8Kph
True mph equivalent (for all youse 'backwards' US people): ~100mph
The Burgman felt like it could go more but the wife started poking at me saying "Darling, I think that's enough fun for one day".

So, what's your max speed? (US residents don't need to reply to this post as we up north know y'all have weenie speed limits down south)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I am 6'2" 225lbs (last time I drove my scooter, Ive since lost 22 lbs here in IRAQ). Had a GIVI screen installed.

My top speed was 117 MPH indicated. Note: Most of the times when I tried it it would only read 111-113 MPH. Only one time did it read 117.

Flat road, Mid 80's deg temp, 20 miles north of Las Vegas. OPEN ROADS!

-Bryan

·
Registered
276 Posts
Top Speed

Two up, 350lbs, French freeway, mild summer day, 103mph indicated. The bike showed no strain in getting there, and we had a few hundred revs in reserve.

A local magazine, Twist N Go, with a GPS had, I seem to recall 108 under test track conditions, in summer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bonjour,
solo driver, windshield standart.
with _0°c (68°F) - indicate 175 km/k (108 mi/h) yesterday
with 20°c (32°F) - indicate 185 km/h (115 mi/h)
See you later
Pirmil

infos :
Speed limits in France (km/h) :
peage motorways : 130 (rain 110), [80 mi/h (rain 68 mi/h)],
free motorways: 110 (rain 90), [68 mi/h (rain 56 mi/h)],
ordinary roads: 90 (rain 80), [56 mi/h (rain 49 mi/h)],
sometimes: 70, [43 mi/h]
city 50 and sometimes 30. [31 mi/h or 19 mi/h]

Alberto said:
Load: 2 big passengers (total ~400lbs). Flying into a 5Kph wind. Flat straight away. Large GIVI windshield.
Indicated speed: 174Kph.
True corrected speed (-8% error verified with GPS): 160.8Kph
True mph equivalent (for all youse 'backwards' US people): ~100mph
The Burgman felt like it could go more but the wife started poking at me saying "Darling, I think that's enough fun for one day".

So, what's your max speed? (US residents don't need to reply to this post as we up north know y'all have weenie speed limits down south)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there,

I can confirm Pirmil's speeds with temps about:
_0°c (68°F) - indicate 175 km/k (108 mi/h)
20°c (32°F) - indicate 185 km/h (115 mi/h)

I have a long flat piece of road close to my home which I often use as a measuring stick and our figures correspond. But remember the speedometer runs 10% faster than the actual speed. The 10% is fairly consitant over the entire range.

Our inner town speed max is 50 km/h and on several places there are speed indicator boards up - when i pass one of these with exactly 55 on the clock the board shows me doing 50 km/h.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Top speed

I can confirm that 100-105mph is the maximum (true) practical speed available on the Burger 650. I have had 114 indicated several times, with the odd flash to 115, verified on the GPS as 104mph at 8,000 rpm.
Taking off the Givi Maxia top box made no difference, nor did pulling the mirrors in, nor did it go any slower with the Givi screen.
Running into a headwind I could not get it to go more than a true 100mph; a Honda Silver Wing had the exact same top speed in the same conditions.
I have hit a best of 102mph (true) with a passenger.
On the original launch in Italy, I got the machine to hit the rev limiter at an indicated 190kph, but I've never managed to hit it flat out in the UK.
Mine does however hit the rev limiter at lower speed, even in fully auto mode, if I give it full throttle from a standing start and don't back off. Anyone else get this?
PNB

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I max out the throttle all the time and I have never ever hit the 'rev limiter' whether at low or high speed or from a standstill.
What happens when the rev limiter 'hits'?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Top speed

111 mph indicated is the highest I have seen on my scoot. The big burg gets to 104 or so rather quickly but after that it takes time to build up to 110. I think there must be some rev limiter while in the automatic mode. I have not yet tried it in "5th gear" manual mode to see if I can get it to rev higher. I might just have to give it a try :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aprilia Atlantic 500

Aprilia Atlantic 500

460cc 230# 5' 4" rider slight downhill grade on I-75 108 mph on the clock Magellan V GPS = 103 mph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts