Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Let's hear the name of your Burgman and why that name.

Mine is Clyde. Like the Clydesdale Horse, because he's so BIG :)

Janine :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Clyde--I like that! :)

Ours is "Sushi" (see post in Rallys & Gatherings). If we get a second for Lynn, she's going to name hers "Bucky" after Bucky the Siamese cat in the "Get Fuzzy" cartoon strip. Bucky is a lot like our Maeve, for whom Sushi is named.
Bryna
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
The MurderScooter, or The Scoot for short.

The car is Wheels O' Death.

The other car is GoGo.

Ride Safe,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Darn it Paul, now i've got that song playing in my head!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,857 Posts
I call mine Mr.Burgman.

"Hey Honey, Me and Mr.Burgman are going for a ride."

"Its too hot for Mr Burgman to go out today." (120 deg)

When low on fuel. "Mr.Burgman needs a drink..he's thirsty."

(Doesn't sound very sane does it?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Greengoose said:
I call mine Mr.Burgman.

"Hey Honey, Me and Mr.Burgman are going for a ride."

"Its too hot for Mr Burgman to go out today." (120 deg)

When low on fuel. "Mr.Burgman needs a drink..he's thirsty."

(Doesn't sound very sane does it?)
No; but then we're riding while balancing on two wheels -- who says we have to be sane. :D

My 650 is so quiet that when I come home from work at 2AM I just sort of ghost through the neighborhood and even the dogs don't seem to hear me.

So I'm calling mine "The Silver Ghost" (until Rolls-Royce issue a cease & desist order, anyway).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
SEABISCUIT - It's not very big compared to the other touring machines around, but it can beat a few of the "War Admirals" around.

I just need to find some appropriate letters to replace the BURGMAN 650 on the side.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
I call mine 'Slim Jim'

If I had a 650 I would call it 'La............' - Oh you know what I would call it :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Some people were calling my 400 a "cheese burger"...their tone was in an affectionate way! BTW I met a German couple who enlightened me on the Burgman meaning. Apparently if the word had another "n" on the end then the translation of the "Burgmann" is a man who lives in a castle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
...BTW I met a German couple who enlightened me on the Burgman meaning. Apparently if the word had another "n" on the end then the translation of the "Burgmann" is a man who lives in a castle.
But who said it's German? Burgman (with one n) is a common Swedish name; maybe someone at Suzuki is, or knows, a Swede.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
Some people were calling my 400 a "cheese burger"...their tone was in an affectionate way! BTW I met a German couple who enlightened me on the Burgman meaning. Apparently if the word had another "n" on the end then the translation of the "Burgmann" is a man who lives in a castle.
Makes sense to me . Since Suzuki knew at the time of its release it would be King of the Maxi Scooter scene. Kings live in castles....hence Burgman.

BTW my ride has no name yet :? I do refer to it as my Flame Broiled Burger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts



I call mine "SUZI". Have had it since April '04 and I'm having FUN! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Now why would anyone want to name a piece of machinery ?
I don't have time for this,
I am going to take little growler an go for ride. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
Someone on this board once called it a Hafabusa. That's what I call it to my friends.

I've been also thinking of taking the letters off the side and replacing them with "Blackbird" (I'd have to try to get SR71 on my plate). My Subaru's name is "Kermit" (it's green, wife named it), and her black Volvo is "Shadowfax" (Gandalf's horse was black in the book).

Steve
 
1 - 20 of 549 Posts
Top