Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 AN400
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, one of the things, and in my opinion - check out this from an article in the Wall Street Journal about dressing appropriately for your age... I preface by saying Wall Street Journal is not, at least until today, a frivolous hipster mag...

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Dress shirt Carnivore

Overshirt, whatever that's supposed to be, just long-sleeved flannel shirt in my book... USD 2,500...just opening as if that's normal, then 2k pants (available in Oct, in yer skivvies till then), 1k loafers - Loafers, not even shoes. Then the model dude brought his own glasses, as nobody managed to get a fashion dealer to send them a freebie; and then a friggin dog leash for 400 bucks from Gucci, for Rugby the Bearded Collie, who like his owner wouldn't last a minute herding sheep or playing rugby...

Seriously, I'm getting too old for this...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Well, now I don't feel so bad about what I spent on my recumbent trike. I'll just wear my same old outfits for (quite) a while longer and keep riding!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
my annual clothing budget is about $40 🤣
massive respect to you. the whole world should lower its use of fast fashion.mostly women.

its not helping, and the clothes are horrible quality. better use them as rags to buff your burg.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Substitute sneakers for the loafers and that's what my out/about outfit resembles...

...at JC Penny prices. Really appreciate their online shopping now that our 2 local stores closed.

I got a pair of church going motorcycle riding side zipper boots there 10 years ago that are still serviceable

·
Registered
58 Posts
OMG!!!!! Anyone condering spending $5k to look like an "average Joe" could put their money to better use seeing a psychiatrist!!! Also...their $410 dog leash looks just like one I bought at Walmart for my dog...and it only cost $10!! 🤣

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
2003 Burgman AN400
141 Posts
I want to know who is gullible enough to take these articles as good fashion advice. This group certainly is not falling for any marketing bull :poop:. Even if I had all the money I could ever want. I would not fall victim to such bad fashion advice.
Gesture Happy Font Art Graphics

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is not only a question of price (although it is overpriced), it is a question of attitude to life.
IMHO, looking like a teenager when you're over 40 is ridiculous...
But why am I too old for my favorite black and white adidas superstar?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts