Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
My first 2008 had two neodimium magnets to keep the fuel door closed as the spring was missing. I bought it used with 1,900 miles on it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You Hooligan. running without a reflector.
Dave is the BIG WEINER again!

wspollack - The notch you're seeing is actually the reflector bracket. The bracket is there, but no reflector.

El Burgo was dropped on the right and left side prior to my purchase. The seller didn't hide the fact that it fell on the right. I would imagine the reflector was one of the victims to the fall on the left. As well as the Tupperware near the foot rest on the left has been scuffed.

I don't know if I prefer to buy a bump and dent model over a prom queen, but I sure as heck don't fret and worry about every little thing with a bump and dent model, as El Burgo is.

I was hoping McMaster might have a reflector that would go right on, but alas no such luck. When I develop my "Family of 4 Supercar" I'm going to source as much out of McMaster as possible. That's going to be one stylish vehicle! 😁

Might anyone have an extra reflector that they need rid of? I'll give you some green paper in trade...

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Don't.

The correct way is:
  • ABS goo, where ABS is the type of plastic and not the braking system, and Goo is obtained melting ABS powder with pure Acetone. *
  • some metal clips for the hinge strenght
  • Remove that stupid over-strength metal spring and use neodimium magnets to keep the fuel door closed.
I'll take some photo if interested.

* The most common source of ABS are broken parts of other scooters or ancient Lego bricks (i think they changed the plastic in the last years for a more green option) and sandpaper/file/powerdrill to reduce them in powder. Search on youtube for the ABS melt/goo/glue
Thanks for the info, your time, and your offer of pics. But don't bother, as the no-door-at-all method seems to be working out fine for me, for the past few months. I'm not really concerned about trying to have a 12-year-old scoot look nice.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also have a 2011 Executive (`35,000 miles). IMHO the little plastic pop fasteners are totally inadequate for that piece of Tupperware. Long ago, I replaced them with Tinnerman clips (AKA "U-type spring nuts" and stainless steel machine screws.
Yeah, the rear Tupperware is missing. I knew that. Just wanted you guys to see it.
The bike is a 2011 Executive, ~9,500 miles. It looks like a dealership maintained it and they were having a personal challenge to see how many fasteners they could leave off before the customer complained or until Tupperware flew off the bike. Seems like I met the threshold on this trip.
So that was part of my fading romance with the bike. I get all the way up the road, and viola, crap is missing.
Is this normal? Is it typical that Tupperware panels go out for a happy meal and never come back?
7milesout

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Reactions: Rusty J
61 - 67 of 67 Posts