Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Mine similar piece from my 400, flew off on the highway. Luckily I heard it. Drove a bit till I realized and ran back to pickup.

So ordered more white plastic clips and epoxy glued them on the tabs of the tupperware while I used fiberglass strands and mat to fix the crack from a car running it over. No way in heck is it causing such a (noticeablr) degrade in performance/mpg/wind noise.

Why did the Cypresian cross the road ?

To get a little piece of tail .....with a crack in it :devil

Reactions: Mrchips and s-steel

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
I looked up the Urban Directory & was quite surprised what i found ....

I’ve heard it called Plumbers Butt

plumbers butt
a fat squished butt crack shown when someone is bent over or sitting down with their shirt a little over the area

BurgmanBum...That’s a new one.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
I’ve heard it called Plumbers Butt

plumbers butt
a fat squished butt crack shown when someone is bent over or sitting down with their shirt a little over the area
Crack KILLS.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Speed fill ups.

I have a spare GOLD one somewhere.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Gold? For what? Maximum BLING BLING! No thanks! ;) I wish stuff would quit busting off El Burgo.

All I did was pull open the fuel door and it fell to the ground. I've got the jiblett pieces at home. I'm going to try to superglue them back together and see if I can make it work. Otherwise, I will procure a new door. It irks me that it is missing.

wspollack - At least yours sort of blends in. Mine stands out, being a black cap and white body.

Somebody mentioned some time back about having trouble putting their cap back on. The first 10 times mine went on slick. But now, I've got to fiddle with it to finally get it on correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Darn 7milesout ....you remind me of Hansel and Grettle leaving pieces along the trail to find their way back home. I’m missing my Gas Flap too.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
In 2008 there were 3 colors for the 650
Black, Dark Gray and the BEST was GOLD.
19.JPG

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
OK, I'll admit it. That gold is sharp...

You "Eagle-Eyed" guys missed something else on my fuel door picture. There's something else not right with that picture, Hansel and Grettle style. I'm giving ya another chance!

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Speed fill ups.

I have a spare GOLD one somewhere.
@Dave_J: I didn't know about the gold. Looks sharp. And I've never seen one in the wild. Have you ever seen another one?

I have a spare RED one.

Back in the olden days, around the time I purchased -- new -- my red '07 Exec, I started reading about folks breaking off the stupid fuel door. So, I did two things: 1) I was very careful about filling up, and always -- to this day -- park well past the pump, so that the pump handle won't brush up against the door, and; 2) just for the heck of it, I ordered a red door (which is the one that's still boxed up, somewhere in the basement.

That strategy worked fine, from 2007 through 2012, which is when I sold the '07, door still intact.

Then, in 2016, I bought my current '08 Exec. And I continued my practice of being careful, and parking past the pumps. And that worked for about four years, until a few months ago. I swung open the filler door at a gas stop, as usual, and the plastic parts just sort of disintegrated.

I saved most of them, and like @7milesout I considered some superglue action. And I also considered trying to find the red door, and having a modestly two-tone Burger. In the end, I decided the heck with both of those plans, and just left the fill area "as is."

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
OK, I'll admit it. That gold is sharp...

You "Eagle-Eyed" guys missed something else on my fuel door picture. There's something else not right with that picture, Hansel and Grettle style. I'm giving ya another chance!
There's some kind of semi-circular notch, like a bite out of the tupperware, on the bottom, sort of just above the shock in the pic. Is that it?

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
You Hooligan. running without a reflector.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
The GOLD was a 1 year color. It was both normal and Exec. I have had 2 2008 Goldburgs, crashed both. 😕 :rolleyes:

I have only seen 1 in the wild.

I do have a few Gold Tupperware body parts laying around from both crashed ones. No front faring parts. If I had a Black 650 I wondered how the rear side covers and passenger grab bars would look in Gold. Maybe with a Gold front Fender too.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
The GOLD was a 1 year color. It was both normal and Exec. I have had 2 2008 Goldburgs, crashed both. 😕 :rolleyes:

I have only seen 1 in the wild.

I do have a few Gold Tupperware body parts laying around from both crashed ones. No front faring parts. If I had a Black 650 I wondered how the rear side covers and passenger grab bars would look in Gold. Maybe with a Gold front Fender too.
Hmmm, as the owner of a black Burger, are you interested in selling some of those (intact) pieces? Say, the fender up front, and a couple of whatever toward the back?

We could then see what a black-and-gold Burger would look like.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
I'll have to get them together and see. The front fender may be scratched. The rear two peices that cover the taillight and the top box may have broken tabs.

·
Registered
541 Posts
like @7milesout I considered some superglue action
Don't.

The correct way is:
  • ABS goo, where ABS is the type of plastic and not the braking system, and Goo is obtained melting ABS powder with pure Acetone. *
  • some metal clips for the hinge strenght
  • Remove that stupid over-strength metal spring and use neodimium magnets to keep the fuel door closed.
I'll take some photo if interested.

* The most common source of ABS are broken parts of other scooters or ancient Lego bricks (i think they changed the plastic in the last years for a more green option) and sandpaper/file/powerdrill to reduce them in powder. Search on youtube for the ABS melt/goo/glue

41 - 60 of 67 Posts