Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I just checked my order with Motorcycle Larry and it looks like Paypal reversed the charge on their order page. "PayPal status: Reversed @ 11:14:31 Apr 21, 2018 PDT." Interesting since I received this email from Paypal. "Deadline to respond:" May 11, 2018 We encourage you to work directly with NPT Engineering Inc to resolve this problem. Most of the time problems like this can be resolved quickly and amicably through the Resolution Center. You'll be able to review the transaction details and communicate with the seller there. We will notify you when your seller posts a response to your message. You need to take action on this case prior to May 11, 2018. These actions may include marking the case as resolved if you reach an agreement with your seller or escalating the case to a claim if you cannot resolve it. If you take no action by May 11, 2018, this case will be automatically closed. Once a case has been closed, it cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim. "

I was thinking of going with this mount now. https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounts-RAM-B-346U-Motorcycle-Reservoir/dp/B003CMNXIO
It is not as integrated as the Motorcycle Larry mount but I think it is made to fit a variety of covers.
And the best part: "Want it TODAY, April 23 to 60630? Order within 4 hrs 14 mins and choose Same-Day Delivery at checkout." Wont have to wait one month!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The ram-b-346u won't fit exactly as it comes. Our b400 brake reservoir screws line up with the edge slots, but the slot in the middle closest to the ball is too far. I drilled a hole in mine to get it to fit. The base is made from aluminum. I'll try to get a picture after work tonight.

The allen screws that it came with are junk. One of the heads on mine broke as I was tightening it. I picked up some stainless steel ones at Lowes or Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I mounted the Ram-B-346U mount yesterday. They list the Burgman 400 as one of the bikes it fits, but only two of the holes will work and the is only 1/2 over the reservoir cover. But it feels very secure. Two smallest screws that come with the mount work fine. I used four washers one between the Allen head and plate and one between the plate and reservoir cover. I got it for $21.49 from Ebay. Still waiting to get $37.47 back from Motorcycle Larry. I tried to escalate it to a claim with Paypal but they have given the seller till May 6th to respond to Paypal through their email address that doesnt work and phone number no one answers. This is the first time I needed to request help from Paypal and if they screw me I'm going to cancel my Paypal account. I have literally purchased 100's of items over the years and never had a problem. I have to say the Motorcycle Larry mount looks better and I don't know why someone has not copied it yet.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I mounted the Ram-B-346U mount yesterday. They list the Burgman 400 as one of the bikes it fits, but only two of the holes will work and the is only 1/2 over the reservoir cover. But it feels very secure. Two smallest screws that come with the mount work fine. I used four washers one between the Allen head and plate and one between the plate and reservoir cover. I got it for $21.49 from Ebay. Still waiting to get $37.47 back from Motorcycle Larry. I tried to escalate it to a claim with Paypal but they have given the seller till May 6th to respond to Paypal through their email address that doesnt work and phone number no one answers. This is the first time I needed to request help from Paypal and if they screw me I'm going to cancel my Paypal account. I have literally purchased 100's of items over the years and never had a problem. I have to say the Motorcycle Larry mount looks better and I don't know why someone has not copied it yet.
PayPal will side with the buyer on most complaints and 100% of the time if the seller does not respond. It would be nice if Paypal LOCKED MSL's account till they responded.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I just received a notice from Paypal that I will be refunded. "Dear Michael, We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor. We were able to recover $37.47 USD and this amount has been credited to you." So the end of my order from Motorcycle Larry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are there any members of this board who live in the L.A. area, that would be willing to actually visit the business and see what if anything is going on? Just throwing it out there as an idea.

MCl is out of business. After he died, his family kept the business going for a while. Problems started appearing for customers when they ran out of stock for a particular item - slow responses or no response until the reordered item was restocked and shipped often after many weeks or some months, but until maybe the third quarter of last year, people were getting what they ordered though with pretty much nonexistent communication and no customer service.

I hang out on the ST-Owners website a lot, and after more than a few had problems like those recounted above, one of the members did a drive by. The place looks deserted and there have been NO responses to calls, or refunds except by the banks after complaints.

Maybe someone should post a note in a prominent place in the forums telling people not to waste their time trying to buy from the now closed business.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Funny how they left the ordering site up to accept funds! Someone should take over the manufacturing of the brake fluid cover mount. It is a very good design and much nicer then the Garmin universal version.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
MCl is out of business. After he died, his family kept the business going for a while. Problems started appearing for customers when they ran out of stock for a particular item - slow responses or no response until the reordered item was restocked and shipped often after many weeks or some months, but until maybe the third quarter of last year, people were getting what they ordered though with pretty much nonexistent communication and no customer service.

I hang out on the ST-Owners website a lot, and after more than a few had problems like those recounted above, one of the members did a drive by. The place looks deserted and there have been NO responses to calls, or refunds except by the banks after complaints.

Maybe someone should post a note in a prominent place in the forums telling people not to waste their time trying to buy from the now closed business.

Oh, I wish it was that easy. If Motorcycle.com were to post something like that, the owners of Motorcycle Larry could maybe sue them.

What needs to happen is everyone on here from California needs to do is file a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs 800-952-5210 or file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company .

Reactions: Pipile28

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh, I wish it was that easy. If Motorcycle.com were to post something like that, the owners of Motorcycle Larry could maybe sue them.

What needs to happen is everyone on here from California needs to do is file a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs 800-952-5210 or file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company .

You are probably right. Maybe a post saying that many people have reported difficulty dealing with MCL in the last year, here are a few links (include links to posts); judge for yourself before ordering.

BTW, if you would like to read about some of the other people who have had MCL problems, go to www.st-owners.com and search for motorcyclelarry.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Smsw and others involved in the MotorcycleLarry.com fecal decay, This is the best I can do for now.

I moved it to the General page and made it a sticky so it stays up top.

Reactions: Nillinator

·
Registered
364 Posts
mcl is out of business. After he died, his family kept the business going for a while. Problems started appearing for customers when they ran out of stock for a particular item - slow responses or no response until the reordered item was restocked and shipped often after many weeks or some months, but until maybe the third quarter of last year, people were getting what they ordered though with pretty much nonexistent communication and no customer service.

I hang out on the st-owners website a lot, and after more than a few had problems like those recounted above, one of the members did a drive by. The place looks deserted and there have been no responses to calls, or refunds except by the banks after complaints.

thank you for clearing this up.

·
I'm Retired
9,363 Posts
The reputation for MCL is going down on a lot of forums. I think people are getting the idea to simply stay away. If you pay by credit card or PayPal, you can be refunded, so it isn't like anyone is out more than failed expectations.

I suspect this is simply a case of the Mom & Pop store becoming a Mom & ___ store. And "Mom" isn't super computer literate or has much business savvy. She probably just hopes the whole thing goes away, because she may not know how to make it go away.

In today's world, not having the computer knowledge any of us have in frequenting a forum, seems odd. But I know a guy through my prison ministry that doesn't even know how to check his email. He's oblivious to it. If I want to get in touch with him, I have to text him...and he's not reliable at answering those either. I know another guy who has a Burgman (his wife told him to buy one after seeing mine!) and if he has problems, he calls me up. Coming to the forum for help is just not something he'll ever do. Are these people "bad"? No...they are just people who never jumped on the technology bandwagon. I prefer to think that Motorcycle Larry's wife is just one of these kind of people.

Or maybe she has health issues or severe depression from losing her husband.

Doing a class-action lawsuit just strikes me as the wrong thing to do.

Chris

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
The reputation for MCL is going down on a lot of forums. I think people are getting the idea to simply stay away. If you pay by credit card or PayPal, you can be refunded, so it isn't like anyone is out more than failed expectations.

I suspect this is simply a case of the Mom & Pop store becoming a Mom & ___ store. And "Mom" isn't super computer literate or has much business savvy. She probably just hopes the whole thing goes away, because she may not know how to make it go away.

In today's world, not having the computer knowledge any of us have in frequenting a forum, seems odd. But I know a guy through my prison ministry that doesn't even know how to check his email. He's oblivious to it. If I want to get in touch with him, I have to text him...and he's not reliable at answering those either. I know another guy who has a Burgman (his wife told him to buy one after seeing mine!) and if he has problems, he calls me up. Coming to the forum for help is just not something he'll ever do. Are these people "bad"? No...they are just people who never jumped on the technology bandwagon. I prefer to think that Motorcycle Larry's wife is just one of these kind of people.

Or maybe she has health issues or severe depression from losing her husband.

Doing a class-action lawsuit just strikes me as the wrong thing to do.

Chris
While it is true that a Class Action Lawsuit is HARSH, The State of California's Commerce Department really needs to step in and force MCL to ether hire a management team to run the Biz or just close up. Out of the thousands of forums I bet there are 100's of people sitting on orders that will never get fulfilled. Of those 100's a high percentage will never file a complaint and MCL is making money nefariously, ether by accident or intent but its still wrong and criminal.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It's a shame. It is a really great product. They should sell the copyright if there is one.

Reactions: Jamee Skidmore

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
They will not respond to orders. But I bet if someone reverse engineered one of their products, they'd have a Lawyer on your butt so fast.

Someone in California needs to file a complaint to the State. The state needs to shut down the web page.

·
Super Moderator
2,290 Posts
Tough to say.
I'm not sure that the ball on the cover thing is patented.

If not you'd just need a machine shop and a quick lawyer to draw something up saying "If you buy this it's at your own risk" and let it go at that.
Question is could you produce it economically and sell enough to make back your setup.

They will not respond to orders. But I bet if someone reverse engineered one of their products, they'd have a Lawyer on your butt so fast.

Someone in California needs to file a complaint to the State. The state needs to shut down the web page.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts