Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Can't speak for the 400, but I've ridden the 650s through very high winds, desert and mountain winds in Utah, Nevada, California, West Texas, and Colorado that were in the 60 range as well as southwest Kansas on the day the hurricane took out Moore, OK. The 650 will do fine as long as you stay relaxed and let your natural sense tilt the bike to compensate as needed. Like Buffalo said, if a 40 to 60 MPH wind is coming into your face the gas mileage will suffer. Also a truly strong crosswind like that will tire you at a faster rate.

A Burgman 650 is truly built to be a touring bike. Up to about 100 MPH with decent tires on it, the bike will do most anything a good rider could ask. Lots of H-D bikes are kind of what I call "Cows on Parade" They'll look good in a parade, but you wouldn't want to be betting life and limb on it in a storm that could blow Toto right out of Kansas.

BTW be careful of I 80 in West Nebraska. There was some bad engineering with the crowning in spots and a few years ago a very experienced Yamaha FJR guy hydroplaned into a embankment there on a stormy rainy night.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
The 400z abs is fine in any wind that a good motorcycle is ok in. They all vary a bit but the 400 gives no cause for concern. Never had any problems and it's a bit more stable than my Vstrom 1000GT was when it had the luggage on. I live on the east coast of souther Uk and we get a fair blow at times!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.