Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am out and about and I bend down and notice this plug or sensor smashed. It is located behind the front tire and in front of the oil filter on the drivers left side. What is it and what do Ido about it. Bike is running and no error lights on dash. Sorry for crapppy phone picture

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is it

Darn phone and fat fingers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
That is the switch that turns the cooling fan on the radiator on when the radiator water gets to hot. While the bike will run just fine without it you will want to get it fixed.

As long as you are moving there is enough air going through the radiator to keep things cool. But with summer here long stops at red lights or getting stuck in traffic could lead to an overheated engine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok Thanks
you guys are the best!
ordered new part #17680-50F10 Cooling fan thermoswitch

·
Registered
132 Posts
It is unusual for this switch to get damaged. I ran over a concrete car stop and not only damaged the radiator and the radiator fan. It cost me $800 in parts. You might want to check both the radiator and radiator fan for damage just to be on the safe side.
Respectfully,
David Miller

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I ran over a concrete car stop and not only damaged the radiator and the radiator fan.
It's not a motocross bike. :D Makes me wonder if you can hop off curbs with it. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts