Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious :)
I am tired of this cool weather and ready for some warmth.

North Las Vegas Weather
Today: Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. High near 60F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.

Tonight: Mainly clear. Low 41F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. High around 60F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
High of -9 today with a windchill of around -20. At least its not snowing today. I wish it were 60 here. Pssst don't even ask Seatec as I'm afraid it may set him off. :?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Overcast 40°F (4°C)
Humidity: 79 %
Wind Speed: N 5 MPH
Barometer: 30.18" (1022.1 mb)
Dewpoint: 34°F (1°C)
Wind Chill: 37°F (3°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Tonight: Cloudy, with a low near 35. North northeast wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high around 46. North northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I hear you Greencookiedoh. Cool weather is boring. You could always visit me in Nebraska, or Allwalk in Canada and enjoy some really cold weather! :p

It's been a wierd Winter all over the country for weather though, and I'll be quick to say that Nebraska hasn't had the worst of it. Cold, yes - but only one significant snowstorm so far. Just a few weeks 'till Spring.

Just try to remember those 105° days when you were wishing it was cooler! :wink:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pauljo said:
I hear you Greencookiedoh. Cool weather is boring. You could always visit me in Nebraska, or Allwalk in Canada and enjoy some really cold weather! :p

It's been a wierd Winter all over the country for weather though, and I'll be quick to say that Nebraska hasn't had the worst of it. Cold, yes - but only one significant snowstorm so far. Just a few weeks 'till Spring.

Just try to remember those 105° days when you were wishing it was cooler! :wink:
My perception of cold is probably warped LOL since it really doesn't get all that cold here. But I am ready for spring.
105? Pffft that's nothing, I barely break a sweat :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
The weather here in northeast Alabama is very much like billmeeks. We are very fortunate to have missed the brunt of the Ice storm that hit the Ga. and Carolina areas. We had ice on cars, trees, ect. but the roads were ok after about mid-day Saturday.

·
Registered
498 Posts
5-7C in daytime, 0C at night in Tokyo, blue skies without a cloud in sight. Everyday has a perfect sunrise and sunset. 2-3 degrees colder in the southern mountainous pennisulars that are my touring staple in winter. At these temperatures, you have no problem scraping pegs on the 1100 (Metzeler Roadtec Z6) and sidestand on the 650 (Bridgestone TH01).

-10C in daytime, -20C at night where I often ride in Nagano (northern mountains). Snow if you stray further north, but at the base of the central/northern alps the roads remain dry. Blue skies in the morning, cloud setting in by about 4pm. The excellent Bridgestones move a little bit of full lean, but grip very well even at these temperatures. Roadtec Z6 perform similarly.

Camping at these temperatures (if you can get the pegs into the ground) will leave the contents of a standard plastic waterbottle completely frozen within 5 hours - leaving you with nothing to make tea with in the morning.

It's also great weather for paragliding, as the alpine views are breath taking.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
like bbbrrrrr......

It's in the 50's here. it's been cloudy and rain is due for the next 3 days.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
scootn56 said:
The weather here in northeast Alabama is very much like billmeeks.
My weather is from Muscle Shoals, North West Alabama Regional Airport since I'm closer to there than Nashville.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Weather

Well about 35 To 38 degrees & partly sunny and we saw our first motorcycle on the street today. The guy must have been an idiot with salt everywhere no helmet and not much of a jacket.
WINTER SUCKS! :(

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think somebody from England is visiting Albuquerque for a while.
Rain, mist, fog.... I was planning on buying my scoot as soon as the weather warmed up a little. I guess I will have a little more time to browse the showroom.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Really cold here, -20c at nite for last few days, sunny weather comming all this week, getting up to melting by saturday, tons of snow, just got drivway plowed out yesterday, had to walk path all week. It does not bother me all that much, i just spend winter in basement thinking of what I can do to improve my 650, cant you tell i got time on my hands :wink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Weather

magyver said:
Well about 35 To 38 degrees & partly sunny and we saw our first motorcycle on the street today. The guy must have been an idiot with salt everywhere no helmet and not much of a jacket.
WINTER SUCKS! :(

Yep, got my vote~ 34 degree as we speak. Could be worse for sure.

Helix

·
Registered
822 Posts
High: 67, Low: 48. Went on a group ride today (23 bikes total) thru the Santa Monica mountains, then along the coast. Chilly in the mountains but hey, I'm just glad to get out and ride!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The sun is out again, it was yestereday and the day before and the day before that, come to think of it ,it's allways out (except at night).
Really though it has been cold recently with wind chill down to about +25.
You should see the Arabs dressed in thick overcoats and heads wrapped up and us in "T" shirts and shorts.

Ian :D

·
Registered
969 Posts
I got here a little late. It made it into the mid-30's today, with some sun. Melted most of the inch or so of snow left from Friday. Now it's 29F, but it's supposed to get into the 50's on my days off.

I love hot weather. This is for the birds. (Penguins)

Steve

1 - 20 of 92 Posts