Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This info is probably buried somewhere in the archives but, after searching, I haven't found it.

What's the main differences between the 400 & 650 (other than the obvious cc dif.) ? I'm asking since I saw something recently about the 650 having an electronic variator and the 400 a mechanical one. That made me realize that the 650 probably isn't just a 400 with a slightly larger bore or longer stroke. There are probably other major differences perhaps in suspension or other items.

While I'm asking, how about the same thing 650 vs Silver Wing ? Also perhaps Reflex vs 400.

Not asking which is better, just factual differences between the various "main" mega scoots.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Do some searches of the archives and gallery and you will find lots of good info and discussion on all of the subjects with perhaps the exception being Reflex vs AN400 (I don't recall those 2 being compared).

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The 650 is a twin cylinder, and 400 is a single.
The 400 has a single disc up front, the 650 twin discs.

A quick features rundown for the scoots can be found at their corporate websites.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I said in the original post, I did search the archives first.

Seems like when you meet people, one of the first things they like to share is how their ride is different from others. I'm interested in the differences and wanted to learn.

The tone of replies seems a bit pissy that I should dare ask such a question. To that I reply - If you don't like the question I ask, don't bother to respond.

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
To my knowledge, in a nutshell, the Trans. on the B400 and the SW are simular, being a mechanical weight and springs, that controls the Variator.

The B650 has an electronically controlled Variator, which is why you have more flexibility and options using the transmission.

I assume the Majisty and other Scoots are the same as the B400 and SW

Hope that's what you were looking for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You've got to be kidding!

JerseyBiker said:
As I said in the original post, I did search the archives first.

Seems like when you meet people, one of the first things they like to share is how their ride is different from others. I'm interested in the differences and wanted to learn.

The tone of replies seems a bit pissy that I should dare ask such a question. To that I reply - If you don't like the question I ask, don't bother to respond.
You couldn't have searched very hard because I was able to come up with answers to all the questions you raised in your original post. I did this simply by going to each site and printing out the "Specs" for the different bikes and comparing them, before making my purchase. All the way from 150cc scooters up to Honda GL 1800s & HDs.

Your question appeared to be to be laziness personified and I wasn't going to comment, untill I read your "p...y", sarcastic comment.

Let's keep it clean on this board and do your own research instead of getting upset when someone sees through your micro-thin veneer of "...I couldn't find any information..."

DV :twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let's calm down...

Jim said:
Lets just calm down everyone. This is Not a biggie.

Lets save it for who ever is messing up the Gallery
I agree Jim, but sometimes I get so very tired of people like the "Jersey..." whatever.

I see a lot of this in forums, people taking advantage of others' generous nature.

DV :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I hope you do not mind chaps but I locked this for one reason and one reason only - as soon as it gets to personal insults - then it presents a threat to good order on the forum. Awfully grateful if you chaps could comply with our standards! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.