Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See several posts mentioning a 650 Executive model, what does this have that the AN650 doesn't have. Didn't see any mention on the Suzuki web page in regard to an executive model, of course they only showed the 05s to be in Silver also. Just curious as to what my PJ doesn't have.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Yupper said:
See several posts mentioning a 650 Executive model, what does this have that the AN650 doesn't have. ...
The 650 Executive is an AN650; an AN650A.

4DThinker got the differences.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
lilleyen said:
They fall over easier too! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, Rick,

I love your avatar. It has an ethereal quality to the lighting and coloration. The wet driveway, the low camera position, and the softly focused pink tree in the background are great.

Are you a pro or serious amateur photographer?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Brian said:
lilleyen said:
They fall over easier too! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, Rick,

snipped
Are you a pro or serious amateur photographer?
A serious amateur Brian :)

Years ago I really go into it, and had (still have it), a Pentax Spotmatic, all the lenses, potato masher flash and satellite flashes, did B&W darkroom stuff and was the unofficial photog for all the relatives weddings etc.

Sometimes my pictures were noticeably better than the person who got paid for theirs. :wink:

Have dropped all that, but still have an eye for composition and a great/good? shot. Keep my 4 MP digital camera with me most of the time.
Easier to lug around, so it gets used more. No telephoto to speak of (3x). but it works very well.
I use it at work too, when a customer needs to see a product right away, he/she gets an email with JPG attached.

Thanks for the compliment :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian,

You say "The 650 Executive is an AN650;". Well that's what my bill of sale says too, but I don't have the items 4D listed as on the Exec.????

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Another difference is the bike price and (I would guess,) weight.

All those nifty servos, synchros and switches not only wiegh more but must also have to draw more amps - or tax the alternator more when energized.

I also wonder if the battery is the same. If it's bigger, that might even be more weight.

uh - is that way, weigh, wieght, or whey!? :D

peet :lol:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Pete said:
Another difference is the bike price and (I would guess,) weight.

All those nifty servos, synchros and switches not only wiegh more but must also have to draw more amps - or tax the alternator more when energized.

I also wonder if the battery is the same. If it's bigger, that might even be more weight.

uh - is that way, weigh, wieght, or whey!? :D

peet :lol:
I'd bet that the list price would be higher for all those extras.

But I'm not sure that there would be much extra current draw to tax the electrical system. The power mirrors and windscreen would only draw power when activated, which probably wouldn't be too often. And I think the abs sensors would use a small amount of power too.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Rick - You are correct!

Either way - You would still have to add a aircraft-carrier type, hydraulically-driven, Jet Blast Deflector (JBD) to equal up the diff twix MY FAT Arse and my Moon, vs your wayte and your groovy 'lil exec!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Stargazer said:
Brian said:
The 650 Executive is an AN650; an AN650A.
Maybe he should have said, "The 650 Executive is not an AN650; it's an AN650A."
But it is an AN650. It's not an AN400 or an ST1100 or any other designation. :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is fun;

But it is an AN650. It's not an AN400 or an ST1100 or any other designation.
Your right Brian it was is an AN650 when the factory started putting the bike together, but when they added all the goodies it was designated as a 650A with the Executive designation. You should know that Suzuki couldn’t have the same name for a bike that costs $900.00 more but looks like the bike that costs $900.00 less. :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
alburg said:
This is fun;

But it is an AN650. It's not an AN400 or an ST1100 or any other designation.

A Camero Z28 is still a Camero (but not all Cameros are Z28s),

A B-52G is still a B-52 (but not all B-52s are B-52Gs),

and an AN650A is still an AN650 (but not all AN650s are AN650As).

(Hey, I can keep this up as long as you can. :p )

[I hope everyone knows that I'm just playing around. I know that Yupper's original question was about the difference between a 650 Executive and a plain 650.]

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I used to have a chart that said what all the letters in the model codes meant, but I can't find it now. (Not the VIN codes, but the model numbers.)

Does anyone remember if we discussed that here at BUSA?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts