Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding my 2005 AN650 Burgman..... As I research parts and such I keep seeing reference to K4, K5, K6. Can anyone tell me how I would distinguish which "K" model I have?? THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
I think it’s a Roman Numeral type of Designation but it’s not Roman cause M is the Roman numeral for 1000. So it’s all Greek to me too.

Reactions: tahoeking

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
K2 is 2002
K3 is 2003
K5 is 2005
K9 is a dog. Oh 2009
L0 is 2010
L1 is 2011
L8 is 2018

But most Ebay sellers and such are ignorant and just say K3 2008 Burgman.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
L1 is the gravitational equilibrium point between the Earth and the Sun.
L2 is the one on the far side of the Earth from the Sun.
L3 is the one on the opposite side of the Sun from the Earth. Used to be theories that there was a planet hiding out there, but there isn't.
L4 and L5 are 60 degrees ahead of and behind Earth in its orbit, respectively.
Only L4 and L5 are stable; asteroids accumulate in those regions.

Lagrange Points

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the rub.... As I'm researching pieces/parts at online retailers (not fleabay or amazon) specifically for my 2005 Burg I'm seeing the K-4, K-5 reference for the same part. As in it's either the K-4 piece or the K-5 piece. What the heck is the difference?!?!?!? Was 2005 a mid year parts transition for Suzuki???

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
On the Step Thru Tunnel just below the Glove Box should be your VIN Plate look for the MFR Date there and go by that. I think ? YMMV

Reactions: tahoeking

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Here's the rub.... As I'm researching pieces/parts at online retailers (not fleabay or amazon) specifically for my 2005 Burg I'm seeing the K-4, K-5 reference for the same part. As in it's either the K-4 piece or the K-5 piece. What the heck is the difference?!?!?!? Was 2005 a mid year parts transition for Suzuki???
No, most sellers are clueless.
2005 K5 was the major change point on lots of things. It depends on what part too. A K3 Amber turnsignal lenses is the same as a K4 but NOT a K5 up clear.

The K4 is a mid change year. It has the same K3 for most parts but the wiring harness is a big change to the K5 and up. The headlight shut off when you crank the K4 but the K3 does not.

K4 still has only 1-5 on manual mode, K5 up has 1-5 and OD.
K3 and K4 have 4 bolts holding the brake rotors on, K5 up have 5.
K3 and K4 Primary Adapters are the same. K5 and up are the same. But the CVT from a 2018 650 will fit a K3 2003 if you use the K3 Primary Adapter, and the other way too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, most sellers are clueless.
2005 K5 was the major change point on lots of things. It depends on what part too. A K3 Amber turnsignal lenses is the same as a K4 but NOT a K5 up clear.

The K4 is a mid change year. It has the same K3 for most parts but the wiring harness is a big change to the K5 and up. The headlight shut off when you crank the K4 but the K3 does not.

K4 still has only 1-5 on manual mode, K5 up has 1-5 and OD.
K3 and K4 have 4 bolts holding the brake rotors on, K5 up have 5.
K3 and K4 Primary Adapters are the same. K5 and up are the same. But the CVT from a 2018 650 will fit a K3 2003 if you use the K3 Primary Adapter, and the other way too.
Great info..... THANKS

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
L1 is the gravitational equilibrium point between the Earth and the Sun.
L2 is the one on the far side of the Earth from the Sun.
L3 is the one on the opposite side of the Sun from the Earth. Used to be theories that there was a planet hiding out there, but there isn't.
L4 and L5 are 60 degrees ahead of and behind Earth in its orbit, respectively.
Only L4 and L5 are stable; asteroids accumulate in those regions.

Lagrange Points
Not a planet, but a Burgman!!!
I KNEW my L3 Burgman 650 something special. It's what's out there on the opposite side of the Sun from the Earth!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts