Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may need to get rid of my 650, unfortunately. I can't afford to drive my van to work when the weather becomes bad this year due to gas prices. I need to find a good gas mileage car. My only available quick cash will be to sell the Burgman. I am trying to decide whether to fix the tupperware or sell it as is. It has some broken up plastic from a garage fall which I never got around to fixing. It will need the front main fairing, the piece that holds the main glove compartment, and the right lower piece under the drivers floorboard. I have been riding it this way since getting the machine used so it is nothing that affects function. It is a 2004 model with a Givi shied and 6000 miles. Do you think I could get $4000 the way it is or should I get the plastic and try to get more like $5000? Any opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Plastic

Sorry to hear you may have to sell the Burgman. Have you checked at your local Salvation Army? They usually have car auctions and you could get a good beater for less than $1000 and still keep the Burg.

If you really do need to sell it I would recommend trying to sell it as is. If you don't get what you want then replace the plastics. There are some good deals on eBay right now on plastic plus Steve's Cycle Salvage has some good parts. Not too bad of a job. Just got done doing that.

Best of luck to you.

Dee

·
Registered
611 Posts
Trade the van towards a Toyota Prius hybrid, or one of the Daimler/Chrysler Smart cars http://www.smart.com which are supposed to be released in the USA in September.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Xray

Don't know what the tupperware costs are, I'm sure NOT CHEAP :lol: :lol:

I would personally repair to very good to excellent condition and then attemp a sale.

$5000 seems to be a very fair price in good condition. Many buyers, with the noteable exception of ScubaGirl, would prefer a bike to be clean. I would not buy a damaged bike because I would keep wondering "What else is wrong, what am I NOT being told."

JMHO

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Look for repairable 650

One persons problems could be anothers chalange. Please email me
[ [email protected] ] phone no. & address. I have a pickup &
am about 200 mi. N. Work out a cash deal. Grand Rapids Mi.

Rich 72
Now ride helix & old GW

·
Registered
484 Posts
I find it absolutely amazing how many bikes fall over in the "garage"???? If you watch ebay you'll see that many, many bikes fall over in the "garage". I'm guessing all by themselves too. Hummmmm.

Oh yeah, the ones that didn't fall over in the "garage" scraped the "garage" wall...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wilythek
I never thought about the "in the garage" fall. I bought it that way and it didn't look like it went down real hard. I don't totally discount the story since my wife knocked over my last bike with the mower and shattered the windshield.

Rich Ryder
I'll email you.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Robert said:
Trade the van towards a Toyota Prius hybrid, or one of the Daimler/Chrysler Smart cars http://www.smart.com which are supposed to be released in the USA in September.
My nephew works for Mercedes and tells me the Smart Car intro has been put off and won't be here this year.

I was hoping he'd get me one but looks like no dice.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well I think they probably missed a great opportunity to introduce the smart cars when the gas prices were peaking. Hopefully they'll get released here soon.

Somehow things fall over on their own a lot more frequently when children are around them. I had my DR650S fell off of it's stand - and that did more damage than any of the times I fell over trying to ride it like a motorcrosser...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
It'll sell for what the market will bear in your area. You can ask what you want, and see what response you get. If you go weeks with no response, you have to ask yourself how bad you need your asking price and be set to wait it out. Or let it go for less. Or wait till spring and take advantage of the demand curve.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Brewman brings up a good point - get it on the market before winter, or wait till spring. Bikes sell better in nicer weather...

G

·
0 Posts
<<Brewman brings up a good point - get it on the market before winter, or wait till spring. Bikes sell better in nicer weather...>>

Or do it real fast as the gas panic is strong...I sold 2 scoots this week...one in
3 days, one in 8 hours...gas prices have prolonged "the season"....

Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts