Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
In vehicle naming conventions, I always thought full automatics should have female names and stick shifts male.

Hence Ingrid for the 400. and since the 650 has both auto and manual mode, a unisex name for him/her... Jesse (that's also a tip of the hat to my wife's beloved grandmother).

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am a Baptist pastor. My bikes name is "pastoral duties."
Anytime someone asks for me, the answer is "I am out on pastoral duties!"

·
Registered
256 Posts
I live on the Island of Oahu but bought mine used (with 434 miles on it) from a guy on Maui. One of my favorite little towns on Maui is Haiku. So, that's what I named my Burgman ... "Haiku" ... and I keep smiling : )

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My bike was called after Don Quixote's horse Rosanante, but is now renamed after my favourite novel (and the best novel ever to come out of the USA): CATCH22

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My bike was called after Don Quixote's horse Rosanante, but is now renamed after my favourite novel (and the best novel ever to come out of the USA): CATCH22
I forgot to mention another reason for this name: As you will know "Catch 22" is a beautiful argument that goes round in circles - which is what I do when I'm on a ride and (usually) lost, with my satnav repeating: "Perform a U-turn when possible" and me inanely answering her with some choice swear-words as I negotiate the same roundabout for the third time. It is also in memory of author Joseph Heller and his wonderful sense of humour.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lucille

As in "please don't leave me Lucille"

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I just have never really named vehicles or motorcycles. I call the Burgman "The Burgman" and the V-Strom "The Wee-Strom." Not too original but that is what I call my bikes.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
94 Posts
I call mine Scarlett - when someone asks me why I don't just get a real motorcycle, I just answer that 'frankly, my dear, I don't give a d***''.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
White Lightning

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am a Baptist pastor. My bikes name is "pastoral duties."
Anytime someone asks for me, the answer is "I am out on pastoral duties!"
That's hilarious. My wife got a giggle out of that one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts