Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 08 Executive a couple of months ago for my wife. It's just too heavy for her to move around and ride comfortably. So we are thinking of selling. It has 13k miles is in very good shape and I just did a total maintenance package on it including

New Bridgestone tires
New Brake pads EBC Sintered
Brake fluid
Engine oil and filter
Transmission fluid
Final Drive fluid
Coolant change
New air filter
New CVT filter

I did all the work myself except for actually mounting the tires on the rim.

Thoughts on pricing? KBB says $3,500 Retail so I was thinking of staying firm at $3,300 since it needs absolutely nothing done to it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sounds fair to me. I would be inclined to advertise at something like $3600 and you could come down...I discovered nobody wants to pay "asking" price, even if it's a bargain.

Reactions: s-steel and Dave_J

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
um, how many miles on wifey? you might trade for a "newer " model

Reactions: s-steel

·
Super Moderator
12,389 Posts
This time of year it depends a LOT on location, & how fast you want to sell.
I'm not real eager to part with my 36k k7 standard but I did put it on the block this spring and this late summer (currently off, but if interested lemme know).
This spring I had a fair bit of interest but conceived of a use for it and pulled it. Never did take that trip as things turned out though.
Late summer. A couple low ball offers, & that's it.

If you're in an area where "winter" riding is more of a thing I suspect things'll work differently, but even with the PNW being an area you can ride year round long's ya have raingear vs. say..MN or something, Sales and offers are gonna be quiet until March for the most part.

·
Registered
121 Posts
OK. I would be interested if I saw this 3 or 4 weeks ago. Since then I've bought my first Burgy. 2005 for $3000, but had some extras on it.--considering your asking price, I overpaid. :). Good luck on your sale.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Maybe post pics/color.
I was looking for a 400 for months but for low miles at a nice piece I'd definitely would feel I have some life left with the cvt
Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
514 Posts

Get the most you can out of it. KBB Motorcycle trade in value is $2,380. Depends on how quickly you want to sell it or how badly someone wants to buy this late in the year. Your thread from 2 months ago, indicated the asking price was $3k, you put about $500ish in consumable parts into it. Guessing you did the labor yourself. IMO, those are consumables and do not increase the value of the bike they are a cost of ownership/operating. They do very much increase the "sell ability".

So I bought this 08 Executive a couple of months ago for my wife. It's just too heavy for her to move around and ride comfortably.
Guess you are going the donkey work when it is cold and needs moving backwards 😁 (y) fine choice sewing machines sound much more pleasant
Do you or wife have an eye on a 400 or thinking of waiting for maybe a Kymco AK 550? 😁

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid $2,600 for it about 2 or 3 months ago. I bought it for that price based on it needing a lot of maintenance and the seller had his eye on a new bike. It is just too big and heavy for my 5' 3" 130 pound wife. She has her motorcycle endorsement and has had 3 motorcycles so she can ride. Besides that she doesn't care for the scooter feel or the engine braking of the CVT. We will probably get her another motorcycle would be my guess, that's up to her. I have a potential buyer for $3,250, I'm in no hurry to sell so if I have to keep until spring that's fine with me. I'm not going to give it away. Riding season is about over here anyway in Kansas.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
$3k on a good day anything over is gravy....... in Kansas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
just too big and heavy for my 5' 3" 130 pound wife. she doesn't care for the scooter feel or the engine braking of the CVT. We will probably get her another motorcycle
WARNING: BLASPHEMY . has she tried the kymco downtown 300i? I have one. Love it. It's way to small for me ergo-wise (6'2", 230lb) but is a blast to ride! It's easy to ride slow, but has gobs of power when you want it. I've hit 90mph and it feels like it gets there real quick. No excessive engine braking. Weighs about 350 but feels like a bicycle to me. I've never hooligan'd like I have on this thing the past few weeks. wore off the chicken strips never scraped anything. I'd like to try out the new X-town i think its basically the same but with more leg room.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Great job, it seems they sell pretty quick...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts