Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Depending on the exact composition of the adhesive and how long you plan to leave the holder in place, you may get some discoloration of the textured surface. Otherwise, it looks like a pretty ingenious solution.

I've found an alternative holder for the times I need to use my GPS. She sits in the passenger seat and usually tries to drive from there anyway.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've found an alternative holder for the times I need to use my GPS. She sits in the passenger seat and usually tries to drive from there anyway.
I'll bet that holder comes in handy for all sorts of other things too! ;)

I like the Patafix option. Anything you're going to be mounting with a suction cup is inherently temporary in any case.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I had my first gps suction cupped on with a little round plate affixed to the stearing head with industrial Velcro. It worked okay, but needed to be leashed as well. It popped off on occasion, for no particularly good reason. I lost one once that wasn't leashed. So I'm not a big fan of suction cups.

I got the Ram brake mounted plates. Much better and more adjustable.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
This product sounds like a commercial version
of the old kids plaything called Silly Putty.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I had my first gps suction cupped on with a little round plate affixed to the stearing head with industrial Velcro. It worked okay, but needed to be leashed as well. It popped off on occasion, for no particularly good reason. I lost one once that wasn't leashed. So I'm not a big fan of suction cups.

I got the Ram brake mounted plates. Much better and more adjustable.
Have Ram RAM-B-346U mount on left brake reservoir for many many year now, it work very well and never have any problem, move this from previous 2005 650 to present 650, use with 5 inch ram arm connect between reservoir mount and Garmin 1450T cradle, however would like to try on top of 650 dash to see how that work also unless can find manufacturer of this product.

Have one on each brake reservoir, but use left one only for GPS.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I mount the suction cup on the front wheel fender, hoping to get a nice view and 4 blocks after it fell to the street, had to ask a nice lady walking on the sidewalk to pick it up for me, hopefully no cars where behind me at that time. as I'm still testing the suction cup, I may use this trick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts