Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following a 650 for over six month, the guy said he just don't ride it anymore ,he said it runs great, and never drop, it's not the color I wanted, but at the price he has drop to is a red flag to me, my daddy always said if it to good of a deal, Beware!!!....there something he's not telling you....guess he has had it on sell for over a year....it's a 07 for $3500....I've had some health trouble, but getting better

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
If you've seen it for sale for 6 months the guy just wants to get it sold. I think it would be worth looking at if you haven't done it already. $3500 for a 07 650 is a deal if it's everything the seller says it is.;)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
There are a few bikes out there where the seller just needs the cash and not the bike. Especially in L.A. (lower Alabama) where the economy isn't exactly booming. I got a 1999 Soft Tail for $800 last year just because the guy really needed the money.

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
+1

Maybe he needs the room in the garage. Maybe he's moving and can't take it with him, so he'll take whatever he can. Maybe he's dieing of cancer and doesn't want to leave his wife to deal with it. Maybe he has bills to pay and needs whatever cash he can get, even if it isn't what he'd like to get. Or maybe he doesn't care so much about how much he gets for it, and just wants to move it?

There are lots of reasons someone might sell a scooter for a really good price. And if he started selling six months ago...who was looking for a bike back then?

Chris

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
for $3500, I would estimate about 25k miles. I have mine listed for $3,000. It runs great. Just that it would cost you to get it home.

Regarding your original posting, $3500 does not send a red flag. I have seen some really new ones selling for around $6,000 because there are several for sale.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The absolutely spotless and loaded 09 650 I bought this week was listed here since last September. With the condition and accessories, I don't understand why I was the first one to call him on it (July 4). I think it is Location, Location, Location.

·
Registered
230 Posts
you guys are so lucky to have so many to choose from and price is so low ..and as for a soft tail for $800 that we can only dream of here in Australia are burgmans 650 start from $3500 for one with high ks (70000) to $6000 for a average ks one (25000) and there are not that many for sale, .I bought mine 5 weeks ago for $5000 with 45000ks its the first scooter I have owned and I love it .After owning some 1000 bikes(retired bike mechanic) scooters were never on my radar but now I am peeved I never owned one sooner. I still own 6 other large road bikes but the burgman is the one I ride the most looks like I will be thinning down the herd in my garage

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The absolutely spotless and loaded 09 650 I bought this week was listed here since last September. With the condition and accessories, I don't understand why I was the first one to call him on it (July 4). I think it is Location, Location, Location.
Is that the white one in Pa.??

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for $3500, I would estimate about 25k miles. I have mine listed for $3,000. It runs great. Just that it would cost you to get it home.

Regarding your original posting, $3500 does not send a red flag. I have seen some really new ones selling for around $6,000 because there are several for sale.
Hay, there my friend, it only got 4990 miles, yes I did think about yours, and guess what I'm coming there for a week for vent Haven, PM me a phone number or sent it to my Email you got....I just you a call, and stop the rain there ok..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Is that the white one in Pa.??
No, it is the white one on Virginia's Eastern Shore. Bob and his wife are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts