Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I will need to get some parts if I buy the 2010 Burg400 I've been eyeballing for a month now and the Seller's not going to like that I'm going to lower my Offer price because of it. The Seller tells me that 2010 is really the end of 2009 marketed as 2010. He said it is a "K9 L0." It does not have ABS brakes.

So to prevent the Seller from going into shock at my Offer, I want to buy some used parts as they're part cosmetic and part functional stuff. What year range can I go with? Is 2010 the same as 2007 or 2012? Or can I only go with 2009 and 2010? Or only 2010? What's the difference between the years from 2007 on?

Also, I don't like windshields. I like to feel the wind. Can you guys recommend a brand or specific windshield model that's a lot lower than the stock one?

Thanks in advance, guys!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It seems as if many people replace their stock windshields, so you can probably get one cheap or free. A jigsaw will cut it down nicely. Sorry I can't help you with your main question.

If the one you're buying comes with an aftermarket windshield, take it off and cut down an old stocker.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ChipDoc,

I've thought about it but there's no way I can hacksaw to a professional-looking result and I don't want my bike looking ghetto. I'd rather dig around until I find a stylish shortie that fits my needs. But thanks for the input. :)

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I would think that a "K9" is a 2009 model. My $.02.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Suzuki didn't sell any 2010 Burgmans in the US they were all left over 09. As far as body parts go 07 & on should be all mostly the same. It isn't that hard to cut down the windshield & make it look good. My son & I cut down the one on his 2010 Victory Vision & you can't tell that it's not stock. You use a jigsaw not a hacksaw. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts