Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered what motorcycle you would buy, if any, if you sold the Burgman? Is there any bike you would rather own?

·
Registered
247 Posts
2001-04 Honda Goldwing 1800 - that is my dream highway cruiser. My 650 Burgman is doubling for both a city and highway bike right now.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Yeah....

A 2005 Burgman 650 Executive. :D

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
billmeek said:
Yeah....

A 2005 Burgman 650 Executive. :D
I'll take 2; one white-one blue :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I wish I had a 650. I know in a year or so I will have one but would be nice. Or if I ever won the lottery, then a goldwing trike.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
For now, I settle for just getting my hands on Allan's 650 for awhile since he's offered to loan it. :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
There isn't anything right now that is calling my name. But I think that within a couple of years we will see a scooter that surpasses the Burgman 650 in sport touring capabilities. More power, better ride, longer range on a tank of gas - give me two out of three and I'd start thinking about it.

I always have work to do on a new machine. Seat, windscreen, exhaust, etc. - never comes right from the factory. I've got both the Burgman and the V-Strom set up pretty nice right now. I'm not going to go through that again on some machine that is only marginally better. It would have to be significantly better.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would get the Burgman 650 Executive in Blue. Now we just have to convince Suzuki to send them our way. :wink:

Janine

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yamaha FJR1300 in Blue

The only problem is that Ann wouldn't ride my Suzuki Bandit 1200 with me (that's why I traded it for the Burgman 650). So although I'd like one - I wouldn't get it because I want something that she'll ride with me. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Robert said:
Yamaha FJR1300 in Blue

The only problem is that Ann wouldn't ride my Suzuki Bandit 1200 with me (that's why I traded it for the Burgman 650). So although I'd like one - I wouldn't get it because I want something that she'll ride with me. :)
Ditto - except substitute Sharon for Ann. I haven't had a Bandit, but until now, Sharon wouldn't ride anything with me. I messed up in 1975. The first time she rode with me, we went waaaay tooooo faaaaar! :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Hate to say it....but what the hay.... A loaded up Road Glide, stock, quiet exhaust, and a smattering of aftermarket stuff.
Aka a FLTRI.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I was on the cusp of buying a Honda Pan European 1300 when the Lardy came up at a price that could not be refused - it was a close run thing a couple of days change in timings and I would be Larderless! :wink:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Great question. No change. I am perfectly content with what I have. The Burgman is the best. Afterall, I sold my Venture for it. If I sold the Bandit it would be to buy a smalle scooter for the other half. The Burgman 650 really does it all.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just got my 400 back out of the body shop today, and relished every second of the ride home. I've never ridden a true "motorcycle", nor do I see any great reason to want to. Why bother, when scoots are such great fun?

What I'd really like is a bored out 400 Burgman to 500 cc made by Honda (they stand behind their warrantees better) with a quality factory seat and an adjustable windscreen, plus maybe overdrive.

I don't ask for much, do I? :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like the fact that the burgman has the open frame so there is nothing out there that would make me change. What I would love to see is a 1000-1200cc open frame motorcycle maxi scooter build along the lines of the Burgman, that's my wish.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I'm like some of the others . I got the Burgman so that my significant other would ride with me. She just loves being on the back of the 650. Now that I own it I love it as well. So right now there is nothing out there that can replace it. However if given the oppurtunity I would like to make an addition to the bike garage and add a Dual Sport.....Looking most likely at a Kawasaki KLR 650.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
So Allan,

During Winter storage, there would be one in the living room and another in the dining room... :lol:

I actually see no problem with that. I've always wanted a KLR 650, but the garage is full, and my wife wouldn't let me bring it upstairs. :cry:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts