Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be so much talk about the name of our scooter. Of course, being Jewish makes it even worse for me. I just tell people its the first motorcycle designed for jews. Skywave, ain't much better. I've been thinking about removing the name all togethr. I heard of a company that makes tohse raised plastic letters, so we could put what ever back there. What would your ideal name be? How about the Finkelstein650? :roll:

·
Registered
320 Posts
How about the Suzuki Samurai? Or the Suzuki City Cruiser? And why the heck did Suzuki choose a German phrase/name anyway? :? The only thing I can think of is that it hit the Euro market before here.

Bryna

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Name

You know they say the 650 motor is 1/2 of a Hayabusa engine, so how about " SUZUKI HALF A BUSA" :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
409 Posts
The Burgman should follow along with the rest of the Suzuki lineup. We should be called the TT 650 (Twin touring).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Suzuki makes great motorcyles, but gives them awful names. Burgman, V-Strom, Volusia, Hayabusa - yech! To the credit of the Burgman and V-Strom capabilities, I bought them DESPITE their dorky names.

I agree that they would be better off sticking to letter/number designators. AN650, DL1000 - I've no problem with that.

Skywave isn't bad, it's better than what they usually come up with. Unfortunately, they couldn't leave well enough alone..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Suzuki appear to have re-badged the AN650 for the euro market. "Burg" is German for, orginally, castle, but morphed into town and then city.
Equally familiar as "bourg" to the French. "Man" is, well, man. So it's City Man, or Urban Man.

Here in the New World "Burgman" is a clunker.

Letters combined with numbers, as in AN650, SV650, W650, XT350, DR650, etc., have seemed to serve well as identifiers, and Americans and Canadians seem comfortable with them.

But the Burgie's got a name, both in Europe and in Japan. Although the origin of "Skywave" is, for me anyway, a bit elusive. Does it simply mean that you can wave at the sky while riding it? Maybe Lecheed can enlighten us. He lives in Japan.

Can't use Gold or Silver Wing. Nice names. Maybe we could use other bird parts: How about Silver Beak?

Well, perhaps Silver Bird...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I sorta like that the burgman has a dorky sounding name. Makes people underestimate it. Will be fun when I leave'em sitting still at the light.

Bill

·
Registered
689 Posts
The name and numbers on both side were the first thing to go when I got the Bike home. I have put back a 650 number that match the graphic design after I redid it all over again to add more on the bike.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think a lot of you have some great ideas. Here are (perhaps) a few others...derivatives from above and a few new ideas.

Bronze Wing, Bronze Star, SkyMaster, Gold Wave, Gold Star, SkyWing Sky King, Free Wave, Air Wave, Sky Breeze, Z-Wing, Z-Wave, X-Wing, Z-Star, Zephyr 650/400, Hawkeye 650/400, Talon 650/400, Rocket 650/400, Thunder 650/400, Lightning 650/400.

And my favorite: The GreenGoose 650/400.

Ok. Perhaps I've had one too many beers tonight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with Bill....Burgman reminds me of a fine WINE or EXPENSIVE CAR...... PORSCHE..lAMBORGHINI..BENTLY..BURGMAN!!

monty-

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mix Master Deluxe

Its like a fine Japanses appliance that you just turn on and go.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This one's for Paul. Put traiwings on the 650 and call it a Burgstrom

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
flintbobbi said:
And my favorite: The GreenGoose 650/400.

Ok. Perhaps I've had one too many beers tonight.
Thanks,
Im Flattered.
I wanted to name mine a Gooseman 650.
-Bryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
There seems to be so much talk about the name of our scooter. Of course, being Jewish makes it even worse for me. I just tell people its the first motorcycle designed for jews. Skywave, ain't much better. I've been thinking about removing the name all togethr. I heard of a company that makes tohse raised plastic letters, so we could put what ever back there. What would your ideal name be? How about the Finkelstein650? :roll:
How about "BurgerKing"? :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I like BurgerKing, but perhaps a little too burgerish. :)

I call mine "Little Growler" because of the sound it makes taking off but would not recommend it as a market name.

How about Suzuki ScooterCruiser 650 /400

·
Registered
308 Posts
Stormsteed said:
Have you ever looked up "scooter" in a search engine?

All kinds of stuff comes back, from motorized wheel chairs to those skateboard things with a handle for steering, sometimes seen with a motor and some reckless kid, propelling himself along at speeds high enough that a piece of pea gravel under one of those undersized wheels is sure to send him flying into probably head injury or worse.

So, I say let's call it what it is: an automatic motorcycle, or, for short
the Suzuki AutoCycle.

echhhhh.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
I still like the name G-Stryder - can't wait for that beast to come out (if it does). That will be the scoot to get.

Silver

1 - 20 of 21 Posts