Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 AN400 is a matte finish (black with grey trim). One dealer says use nothing on it; the other says use Plexus. :confused:

What are others using? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have always been told to use soap and water, no wax on a matte finish.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I agree. LEMON Pledge. I have Plexus also but I think Lemon Pledge works about as well and it is MUCH cheaper and easier to find.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Plexus, it's made in USA and comes from the aviation industry, IMO, works better than any other product.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I use EagleOne Nano wax on everything even matte finishes.
Yes everything windscreen, black plastic bits, painted finish, chrome parts, wheels, and even my helmets.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Plexus!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Pledge Original is by far the best. It's used by many car showrooms over here.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi jack! It really kind of goes with this conversation, though.
You know how RainX works on glass? Many street rodders that don't have windshield wipers will use it because it beads the water so well you don't need wipers.
I've never ridden (or got caught) in the rain. Is there a product made for plastic that's comparable to Rainx?
Does regular car wax work?
I ask because I plan on riding all during the rainy season this year.
Thanks - Mike

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hi jack! It really kind of goes with this conversation, though.
You know how RainX works on glass? Many street rodders that don't have windshield wipers will use it because it beads the water so well you don't need wipers.
I've never ridden (or got caught) in the rain. Is there a product made for plastic that's comparable to Rainx?
Does regular car wax work?
I ask because I plan on riding all during the rainy season this year.
Thanks - Mike
The Clearview windshields are the only windshield that work with Rainx. (I know that was not the question).

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
My 2013 AN400 is a matte finish (black with grey trim). One dealer says use nothing on it; the other says use Plexus. :confused:

What are others using? Any recommendations?

Last year me discover Europeen product available here, IPONE Clean N Polish, it do fantastique job on all black burgie 650 plastic as well as all tupperware and windscreen, it very affordable also compare to Plexus. It non greasy and not run under rain and water like many other procuct such as F21 and many other, it last longer also.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Pledge.

For the black plastic, warm water + Sunlight + dish soap + soft brush + elbow grease, then dry it with a soft cloth or air. If it has boot marks and such, Mothers makes a good product called 'Back to Black' that works well.

Regards
Scott Fraser

1 - 14 of 14 Posts