Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

· Registered
509 Posts
My usual helmet is a Nolan N21 Visor

With the visor up (but the tinted "goggles" down, or with glasses for eye protection) it's reasonably quiet behind a stock windscreen and ventilates well. The visor doesn't get flipped down by airflow, surprisingly. With the visor down, you may want earplugs, and in cool and/or humid weather it fogs up. That said, just look at it. Look!

Ah, vanity. :)

When I'm worried about fogging or when prudence dictates a bit more margin of safety, I've got a HJC IS-Max with a pinlock visor.

I've added a home-built Bluetooth headset to it, made from an Antec Smartbean Bluetooth receiver and a cheap set of headphones.
High Five! :grin

Since my last post some things has changed. So for summer riding I'm still using 3/4, but Tucano Urbano El Mettin (I really like color)

And for winter and touring riding I've purchased first version of Lazer Monaco Carbon - lightest flip-up:

Here is nice review for Lazer Monaco on WebBikeWorld:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/lazer-monaco/

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi from Helsinki. Used to have an open helmet in the City.
Schuberth C2 was ok - until this taxi turned left, me coming straight across.
Now wearing a Schuberth C3 mainly because I'm a smoker and use glasses.
So easy to Flip up.

Mika

· Registered
509 Posts
Hi from Helsinki. Used to have an open helmet in the City.
Schuberth C2 was ok - until this taxi turned left, me coming straight across.
Now wearing a Schuberth C3 mainly because I'm a smoker and use glasses.
So easy to Flip up.

Mika
Hi Mika!
I was in Helsinki in august, when I was riding to Tampere. Very nice city and I wish to come there one day and stay for a couple of days!

I'm a smoker and wearing glasses too so I've purchased flip-up for me. Yeah, it's better than full-face, but tight and doesn't have that level of comfort as 3/4. But I've noticed that in Helsinki and area you have high speed roads, so chin protection in this case is very important. Hope you didn't smashed your teeth on drivers car and speed was slow ...

· Registered
975 Posts
Caberg Duke (blow up), Shoei GT-Air (crashed 3 times on the racetrack and I no longer use it), Arai Signet X, and Giro Aeon. For long distance touring I've learned the full face do better, because they are lighter, more comfortable and protect more from the sun.

· May have gone but will be missed
1,641 Posts
Mines on the right, passengers on the left.

Reactions: ducati14

· Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
I used an IS Max for years, & still have the old helmet as a backup; however I got a good deal on an RHPA Max, & really appreciate the ~ 1 lb less weight on those long rides.
I am debating picking up a 3/4 or 1/2 for bopping around town though.

· Registered
814 Posts
Love the improvements to your helmet

Mines on the right, passengers on the left.
Yeah, I see that on your helmet you have added some back-up to your headlights; and that you can point the support lighting in any preferred direction; and the assist lighting has its own independent power supply; and you have Red-Greened said auxiliary lighting into place with the handi-man's secret weapon.

Way to go dude. Nice to see innovation alive and well in Florida.:smile

· Registered
706 Posts
Neotech

· Registered
199 Posts
I had a Shoei but I left it unlocked on the scooter when I stopped to pick up some groceries. Someone else came by to pick up a good helmet.
Now I have a much cheaper HJC CL 33 and I usually put it in grocery cart when
I don't have under-seat storage space.

For short trips, the open face helmet with a pull down shield works quite well.
I have a full coverage modular helmet for longer trips.

The HJC does not have a removable liner so I fill it with soapy water about twice a year
to clean it. About the only problem is that it takes longer to dry than a removable liner.

· Registered
140 Posts
hey ericb, i'm a new owner of '16 AN650/Z, i first looked at, and wanted the Shoei Qwest Resolute, full face, like/d the shape/design, felt a bit more oval, then looked closer at the Arai Signet-Q pro tour w/pro shade Tactical, and really like the fit, the feel, first class protection and went with that, visually it's noticeable in terms of 'being seen', i purchased the Sena 10S Bluetooth system, had the dealer install, L/R speakers and microphone inside and housing that fits outside, pairs with phone, pairs with other riders, has the FM, a little pricey, but a nice piece.
Sena just put out a helmet you might be interested in with the bluetooth built in, not full faced, but looks interesting.
my advice: try on different helmets, think about what your bottom line is, go with the one that feels great for you, btw, having more than one helmet makes sense too!!
all the best
cool ridings
https://www.sena.com/product/10s
https://www.araiamericas.com/helmets/tactical-white
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/helmets/shoei/qwest_resolute_helmet.

· Registered
751 Posts
I can't NOT get a modular helmet. Want the full face protection but the ability to lift the face up for breathing. Bought an LS2 Strobe CIVIC, white, helmet. Designed more for winter use.

For bluetooth, you can spend $400 on the SENA bluetooth module, but I decided to give the cheapo's a try off of amazon. "Solarphy Waterproof Motorbike Helmet Intercom" $106 for 2 units. Works great as a general bluetooth. And, at least in the house, the intercom worked great. Have to make sure that the speakers are really sitting directly across from eardrums in order to get it loud enough. So far, my son and I are happy with it.

My son has a GMAX G154 helmet. Has lots of venting and a Brake LED light on back.

· Registered
912 Posts
I can't NOT get a modular helmet. Want the full face protection but the ability to lift the face up for breathing. Bought an LS2 Strobe CIVIC, white, helmet. Designed more for winter use.

For bluetooth, you can spend $400 on the SENA bluetooth module, but I decided to give the cheapo's a try off of amazon. "Solarphy Waterproof Motorbike Helmet Intercom" $106 for 2 units. Works great as a general bluetooth. And, at least in the house, the intercom worked great. Have to make sure that the speakers are really sitting directly across from eardrums in order to get it loud enough. So far, my son and I are happy with it.

My son has a GMAX G154 helmet. Has lots of venting and a Brake LED light on back.
I am the same way! I bought the BILT product line from Cycle gear for a few reasons.

1: The price! $229 this is modular with Bluetooth ( can chat on the phone or listen to music and or audio books)
2: Warranty: 5 years no questions asked! I had one that blue tooth acted up, I took her in and got it replaced over the counter that second. Then when the new one came out, I walked in said it was acting up and I got the latest with the DWO-5 blue tooth. (Note: all BILT items have 5 year warranty, they keep your recite on site and give you the price you paid not the sale price at the time, I have switched out my cover because it let DEW in no problem)
3: Sound: wind not bad at all and listed as a great sound barrier, audio is very impressive.
4: Charging: easy
5: Vision: Awesome

· Registered
814 Posts
Glasses and helmets

I am just putting the helmet in the van; I am getting prescription sunglasses and the oculist is going to find frames that work for me while wearing my helmet. The current frame is at my brow and certain head movements cause the helmet to press the frame. So will be looking at frames that go across below the brow ridge.

Is oculist a word or did I just make that up? :nerd

· Registered
90 Posts
I just picked up an HJC IS Max 2

Nice fit, very comfortable and I have two rides in.

One ride was steady 25mph with gusts to 40. Helmet got a little buzzy around some seams but not that bad considering I was leaning at 15* the whole time between fighting gusts.
Yesterday I gave it another run and it was fairly quiet. I did, however, order the chin curtain for it.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.