Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I've never had one as never had a need for one. Well wife & I are talking about getting a tow hauler to take the Burgman on vacation & long weekend trips. Not looking to cross country tour so don't need one any bigger than 46l. Will need backrest for the wife.
I know kiwi dave sells Givi which is what I've looked at. I like the looks of the B33NKM. Anyone have this on a 400 or 650?
Of what I've read most say to add your own lights at the ones that come aren't bright enough. What do you think?
I need feedback as for top cases I'm a newbie. If you have pictures of what ever model you have on your ride I would like that to.;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had two Givi's before, one was a V46. They were never the inexpensive solution (I see Bestem often recommended here and I also know Shad). I am totally sold on paying for Givi's construction quality, even if it is really expensive.

I would not buy their OEM lighting kit again (at least not the V46). The LED's are too wimpy, with much less bang for the buck than other aftermarket auxiliary LED brake lights, like Hyper-Lites or others.

I expect to add Givi's largest to my 650 but I haven't decided yet. It is fairly monstrous and the V46 handled my needs perfectly before.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V46 is my other choice. I don't care for the looks of the monstrous ones, that is bigger than the V46 size.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Present GIVI Maxia 52 have been on 3 bike now including 2005 & 2009 650 Burgie and is still extremely good and will be install on next Burgie 650, I do have a preference for GIVI also, some of the cheap stuff not worth spending time and any $$ on, however If you want nearly equal quality at a cost about 35% less please take good look at KAPPA luggage, pretty good clone to GIVI, available in many size up to 53 litre with or without brake light.

·
Registered
78 Posts
V46 with Admore Light Kit - very high quality storage plus lots of lights for the cager coming up behind you. I've never owned any storage box that wasn't a Givi... but I have seen some other brands where the plastic case gets pretty faded.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Bestem has the best value / price. $170 delivered for the 42L box AND rack. Color matched my bike perfectly, its removable, includes a backrest AND a very usable brake light. Good quality and you can fit a FF helmet and a little gear. The locking mechanizim is a little funky, but works well. For what you pay, it's an awesome box.

A full Givi box, rack, color matched, lights, etc rig will probably set you back $600+.

View attachment 22714

Good luck. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
753 Posts
After buying a used Suzuki branded rack here on the classifieds (thanks, Roy!) I mounted my 50 liter Givi to it and by golly, it really does look good on there. I have had the Givi for almost 19 years on my PC800 and since I was riding the Burgman a lot and the PC little I decided to that it only made sense to put the Givi on the Burgman.

I was a bit concerned that it would look too large on the back of the Burgman but to me, it looks like it actually belongs on there. And now that it's on there I doubt that I ever take it off again. A man cannot have too many pocket knives or too much storage space.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the bestem 929 box. Works great for cargo hauling. Only thing I dislike, is that it rattles like crazy when empty or when there's no one sitting pillion, leaning back against it.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Bestem has the best value / price. $170 delivered for the 42L box AND rack. Color matched my bike perfectly, its removable, includes a backrest AND a very usable brake light. Good quality and you can fit a FF helmet and a little gear. The locking mechanizim is a little funky, but works well. For what you pay, it's an awesome box.

A full Givi box, rack, color matched, lights, etc rig will probably set you back $600+.

View attachment 22714

Good luck. Hope this helps.
Actually, the equivalent is the Givi 45L box (E450). This box including a universal rack is also $170 including delivery. However like the Bestem rack you may have to muck around with it a bit to get it to fit.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Actually, the equivalent is the Givi 45L box (E450). This box including a universal rack is also $170 including delivery. However like the Bestem rack you may have to muck around with it a bit to get it to fit.
Other than a few washers for leveling purposes, I needed nothing more to mount the rack and box. Took an hour and a half or so. i think figuring out the wiring of the bike took the most time. The rack is much improved now.

Also isn't the backrest and brake light package extra for the Givi? Adds $100 or more I believe. Lets compare apples to apples as it were.

I'm not knocking the Givi. It's a good box. But for the money, I found the Bestem box to be very good quality and includes a lot of extras the basic Givi box doesn't. Plus there are a few more color choices with the Bestem box. The silver matches perfectly. I've seen the red and blue look good also.

Not a big deal. Just pointing out alternatives.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Yep bestem is good value, but the build quality , rattling, is a little disconcerting. Depends what you want. FYI I have owned 3 bestem , but my goals were space at a good price.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yep bestem is good value, but the build quality , rattling, is a little disconcerting. Depends what you want. FYI I have owned 3 bestem , but my goals were space at a good price.
Mine doesn't rattle at all. Which model do you have?

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is almost strange that this topic has come up as I just bought a Givi model # E460N 46 liter topcase this past weekend from Sport Tour,Ltd http://www.sporttour.com/products/c25-Givi-Hard-Cases-Topcases-and-Sidecases/Default.asp?page=2

The delivered price was $220.00 ( I didn't need the Monokey mount as it was already on the Burg 650 when I bought it last summer ) I ordered it this past Friday at 10am and it was at my home in Nashville by 3pm on Saturday afternoon ! Good folks to do business with .

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have the 46L E46N also - in the Monokey flavor on my 650. IIRC the Monolock does not carry as much weight as the Monokey. It locks securely in place and totes more weight than Givi specs it for and has never rattled. I've had about 50 pounds in it with no ill effects. I think its supposed to max out at 20 pounds or so. With the case removed I can strap my golf bag on the mount with a pair of ratchet straps - pointed at the cars behind me. Looks kind of weird but it works. If I set the bag on the passenger pillion sideways it totally blocks the rear view mirrors. Can't have that.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Mine doesn't rattle at all. Which model do you have?
T-box 2012, a black on my 650, a blue on my Honda spirit( I fitted these) and a black on my 400 fitted by previous owner

On my 650 I fitted extra stick on cushion to try an eliminate it, better but not eliminated, it's the box on the rack.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all, I'm leaning toward the Givi E37 more for size & looks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Kappa K53. Equivalent to Givi but lower price. Worth searching if they have a model that suits you. A collegue have a Givi and we had compare them, same quality. Lights option, back rest, etc...

No pics, sorry, the bike is store until soon I hope... It is still winter here... :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts