Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a used Burgman 650 in August/September. I'd like to keep it under $4k. I've seen a few in that price range, but I'd like to know from experienced owners what I should expect.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
For under 4k? A 2007-9, non-executive model, clean with under 10k miles. Maybe new tires and a few farkels, top box, windscreen and such. For an exec, add $1k. It should run perfectly, but may not have all the services done (they tend to sit), but a good bike nonetheless. Plan on a brake fluid, coolant, oil & filter change.

If you can swing that deal for the $3.5k range, good deal. Go for it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For under 4k? A 2007-9, non-executive model, clean with under 10k miles. Maybe new tires and a few farkels, top box, windscreen and such. For an exec, add $1k.
I understand that if going with a 400, you should go 2007 or later. Is it the same for the 650's too?

Is there a place where you can see a difference in features for the various years Burgmans were made?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Devin

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I understand that if going with a 400, you should go 2007 or later. Is it the same for the 650's too?

Is there a place where you can see a difference in features for the various years Burgmans were made?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Devin
With the 650 I'd stick with 05+, as some significant tranny issues were resolved. Later models included an 02 sensor and other upgrades. '13+ models resolved some clutch issues as well.

I'm sure someone has yearly comparison charts.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Is $4k realistic in looking for a good, used 650? I've seen a bunch listed for $3-4k.
Finding a 650 for 4k is easy , finding a nice low mileage one in flawless condition is anther story . They come up occasionally but they sell within a day or two so you have to be aggressive . Also that deal might be several hundred miles away , so you have to be willing to travel to get it . My present 650 was one of those flawless low mileage ones , I got it for $3,500 from the original owner who was as anal as I am about his bikes . I had 3 people when I first got it wanting to buy it , I could have made $1,000 profit on it but I turned it down , it's that nice .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got my 2005 650 in August 2013 for $3400. Had less then 2700 miles on it and a few small scratches. Spent most of it's life sitting in a garage. If they don't have any records it's easy to talk people down on the price.

I broke 12K on it a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! I'm not looking for mint condition, but something in decent shape that looks and runs good that will last.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts