Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I picked up another 650 Burg so that's 2 now , but the number isn't what this post is about . It's a gold 2008 one owner with 13,400 miles in overall good shape , except where the owner and his son fooled with it . Since I only paid $2,300 for it I decided to replace and doctor up some of the not so nice items they fooled with . Both the father and the son were not what you would call professional at any thing it seams . I thought about saying they were #&*$%^@ complete idiots , but I thought better of it and just say they weren't PROFESSIONAL and leave it at that . ;)

I ordered a dash board / console because they used super glue and sheet metal screws to attempt installing speakers . I also ordered a new rear deck piece because they drilled the holes wrong for a passenger back rest etc . Then come the mirrors , the kid actually tried to super glue some little lights to them . Needless to say when he took them off the paint came with them :evil1:

Long story short I did order a few new parts , but decided to do a little experimenting with the mirrors before I gave in and popped over $200 for a pair . I removed them and sanded the super glue off then after cleaning them up I sprayed them with an adhesion / primer spray . Then I painted them a flat black with about 6 coats of clear . They came out pretty good and I'm glad I didn't pop the $200 for new . As far as looks go on the color they look GREAT , almost like maybe they should have been black from the beginning ? With all that gold the black is a nice contrast , and it looks a lot better than the super glue crap . See pics if you like go a head and comment , if you don't like go #(^&@^ yourself . :p

TheReaper!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice job on the mirrors :thumbup:
Good choice on flat black.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Black & gold, hey ???
You can count on being welcomed
around Pittsburg.........

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think it looks great! I've been thinking about painting my tupperware a different color. I hate that the white is the only color available here for '13.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Steeler fans are always good in my book. Even thought of painting mine in Steeler colors, however living in Cincinnati it would get damaged by the enemy.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I expected to not like the look until I looked at the pictures. Much to my surprise, I think they look good with the gold Burgie. I would have never thought to paint them the way you did. Shows a lack of imagination on my part I think.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I expected to not like the look until I looked at the pictures. Much to my surprise, I think they look good with the gold Burgie. I would have never thought to paint them the way you did. Shows a lack of imagination on my part I think.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Hey ! before I did it I had my doubts too . The gold is a nice color and I really like it , BUT there is a lot of it and it without any contrasting colors it can get a rather BLAH . A bright red and yellow in a pin stripe or some interesting graphics also looks very good on it . IMO you can't stick a lot of money in these burgs , like LaDude stated so eloquently "these are disposable scooters"
so by painting the mirrors myself I now have $200+ dollars in it . When it's all said and done I figure I'll have less than 3K in it and that includes a new set of tires .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Contrasting colors

I think it looks great! I've been thinking about painting my tupperware a different color. I hate that the white is the only color available here for '13.

You may also want to look into one of the many wraps that are available, as well as Plasti-Dip.......either are easily removed if you change your mind.....

TW

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice contrast, and that matt black blends in nicely almost OEM with the lower screen plastic. The only thing I can 'see' in the possible need for some reflector strips or similar unless you're scoot has the dual filament indicator/turn signals and day riding lights? So as to better provide other road users at night some idea of the profile of the scoot. I took some 3M reflector stick on markings, and cut some thin strips which I then applied directly above above and below running the length of the indicator/turn signals. If my scoots had the dual filament indicator/turn signals and day riding lights I wouldn't have applied the 3M reflectorised strips.

Other than that, looks bloody good IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts