Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

What to do about the Knowledgebase

• Make a new forum page and transfer all data over to it? Editable only by a Moderator

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Keep the old setup and make it editable by a Moderator?

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Keep the old setup and make it editable by everyone?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make a new forum page and make it editable by everyone?

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Make a new Knowledgebase on another site and have a link to it?

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Knowledgebase is back now but we are not able to edit it yet so can not add any information for the new models. So what do you all think we should do?

In the above Poll you can vote on more than 1 option.

If we keep as is, we will need a couple volinteer Moderators to do the editing and upkeep unless it is made OPEN EDIT for all but that could cause a "Free for all editing war"

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I now have received emails from both Bill Meek, our old admin support person and from Kory S (Colchicine) who formed and moderated the KB. Both have tried to reset the passwords and add me as a moderator but the Tiki is not sending an email reset link. So we never may be able to edit in.

Just FYI, the KB is not hosted on BurgmanUSA now so hosting it off site will be sort of like it is now. TIKI WIKI is an old database hosting site and it seems not well monitored.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its funny how the %'s on the right side of the poll are more than 100% but with, at this time, 4 votes and being able to vote on more than 1 it will show up that way.

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have checked and I think I may have a solution. :grin

We already have a FAQ section. If we were to clean it up and make it our place to post any changes or information, do you all think it will work?

https://burgmanusa.com/forums/42-faq/

Guests can read posts there too.

Any Moderator can go in older posts and edit them so it would be a lot of work but I think it could be consolidated and made to work with what we need.

I posted a "Test" post to see what ya'll think. Members could post changes and a Moderator can re-edit the first post for the changes.

;)

Reactions: OldSchool1959

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am asking for some member feed back about this. Lots of views but no comments. Is it worthwhile to try making the KB work and how?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I find the Knowldgebase usable even in it's current form and missed it when it was gone. I had questions which only the resource answered, for instance the differences year to year, and the things they don't tell you in the manual. Having said that a new searchable forum is fine but the layout of the BKB is more usable, more accessible and more user friendly.

Augmenting the BKB to provide more current inform is great, bu I'd be disappointed if it was replaced with a less usable resource.

Thanks for being here as a moderator BTW, I appreciate your presence and insight.

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the Majority wants us to keep the KB on site and open or modify a Forum page. I kind of have started doing this and will be moving info from the old KB to the FAQ pages.

Right now every one of you could copy and paste stuff over but then we may get 2 or more copies of the same data. So we will need to ask everyone to please let one person do this. BUT if any one wants to help we can div'ie up the load.

I am sure the Site owners can make a volunteer a Moderator with Jim, Yoda1 and my recommendation's. We always can use a "GOOD" moderator. Send Jim or myself a PM if you want to help.

All members can post threads but you are limited to about 30 minuets to edit one. A Moderator can go back and edit old posts, with DISCRETION. So when you all post under one of the FAQ topics, a Moderator can copy it and paste it in the main body of the first post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts