Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size socket fits the large nut to remove the clutch assembly so I can replace the torque spring and clutch springs on a 2008 400. thanks for the help!!! SAFE SCOOTIN Jay

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you are only wanting to remove the clutch nut then try Harbor freight and buy the largest adjustable (Cresent Wrench) wrench they sell. It is easier to remove that nut with a wrench than a socket. This nut is not especially user friendly to remove, but in my opinion easier with the wrench.

Besides when someone approaches you to show you how to do it with a socket, you can beat them to a pulp with the wrench -- it is THAT frustrating to get broken free unless you watch the HOW TO video on Youtube....

Actually, you don't really have to hit anyone with the wrench, but DARNED wouldn't ya just love it if people would be more help with their hands than their mouth...LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not the 24mm nut to remove the whole assembly the large nut to remove the clutch from the moveable pulleys in order to change the torque spring.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You can Do that with a Wrench Jay, But it will leave Scars, Using the Wrench that is.

I looked at the PDF did not see any size on that Bolt!! Strange on less i over looked it?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It's 2-1/8"

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Yeah, he wanted to replace the spring, did he. Can't do it without removing big nut, so i guessed it's what he was referring to.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Saw a post on here the other day. Guy used a bog crescent and put it on the nut.

Then held the whole assmebly in his hands and bounced the end of the crescent wrench on the floor (concrete) and nut was loose immediately. Sort of like using an impact wrench. :) I thought his was 48mm nut.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys, I just wanted to get the socket ahead of time so I didn't have to stop working in the middle of a project. SAFE SCOOTIN Jay

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Bought a 55mm socket with 1/2 inch drive
off Ebay...used on the front axle nut on
some 4 wheel-drive SUVs...
carefully watch the mm size listing in the
Ebay postings...many sizes available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts