Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I wanted a bigger horn. Some lady cut me off. Not too severly. But my little horn just made her flip me off instead of scaring the hell out of her.

Just getting ideas beyond the windscreen which is on the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Visibility

I have installed a headlight modulator on my AN400. It does an excellent job of making other motorists aware that something (you) are there. I purchased the modulator online from http://www.comagination.com/ . Their prices are very competetive on headlight and brakelight modulators. They have a unit made for dual headlight machines such as our Burgmans. Installation is as simple as unplugging the wire off the back of you headlights and replugging them.Take a look at this site, then notice how much more visible the bike is the next time you see one of these on the highway. :D

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:54 pm Post subject: Visibility

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have installed a headlight modulator on my AN400. It does an excellent job of making other motorists aware that something (you) are there. I purchased the modulator online from http://www.comagination.com/
Do you know which kit would fit the 650? I ve never seen a 400. Does it have the same headlamp setup?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Headilght Modulator

As far as I know the same headlight modulator and brakelight pulsator work on both Burgmans. Use the headlight unit for dual H-7 bulbs. On the brake light pulsator you will have to trace the wire backward in the wiring harness to a point before it splits to go to the two brake lights. This is not a problem if you are slightly mechanically inclined and have a 12 volt test light. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Part Number

The correct part number for the AN400 is D115W7. As far as I can tell, the same unit would be right for the AN650 also. A phone call to the company might be in order to verify this before ordering. :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
It was a simple installation of pro grips (touring) that are softer and a little larger in the center...took the harder grips off...used a razor blade to slice a thin line on the throtle side for the plastic lip...used a tiny tube of lube/glue (black..extra $1.50) and slid grips on...when sliding the grips on most of the glue stays in the center and outside of grips so add a little at the inside just before you slip it the rest of the way on...let dry as per instructions and voila! These grips soak up a lot of road vibe. Grips can be found at most cycle shops and run around $10. Pro grip now makes scooter grips; but, have not seen them. :roll: :idea: Cheapest addition to the scoot I've done and now my hands and neck are not soar!

·
Registered
48 Posts
the best mod i have make on my 650 burger was to ride down to corbin in holister california last summer and spend a day in there shop building a new seat for my bike .it was the best 500 us dollars that i ever spent. as i ride single i had the seat made mostly for me but the rear would work for a short trip across town. if anyone wants photos just email me

·
Registered
42 Posts
Easy mod's

While not the "best" mod's, I just did some easy mod's on my AN650 that I just purchased on Saturday.

- First order of the day was to remove the dealer sticker and license plate frame.

- Removed all the warning and safety stickers

- Removed the rear side red reflectors, looked like cheap after-thought bicycle reflectors.

- Installed bungee-hooks under the grab rails

- Installed 130db horn - sounds great!

- Installed Hyper-Lites (3rd brake lights) - have them on all my bikes.

A Clearview windshield and soft saddle bags are in the planning.

I just LOVE this bike!

-Greg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you provide a little more info on the horn? What brand/model, and what the installation involved? I'd be interested in doing that too.
Pauljo,

I don't know the brand or model number of hand, but I can check it out tonight. I purchased it at Pep Boys for only $13. They have a high note and a low note version, the high note commands more attention in my opinion.

The installation is a piece of cake ... one bolt holds the horn and two terminals on the back of horn. It only took me about 15 minutes.

-Greg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Best mod so far? Hmm

So far we have, Givi screen, Koni rear shocks (adjustable for preload and rebound damping with heavier springs) , Non Fango top box (off our Majesty scooter) on the Suzuki rack, Passenger arm rests mounted to the rack (Made them ), Gps on centre handlebar cover, Extended passenger foot rests (Wife is vertically challenged (short)) , Moriwaki pipe, Also-
We carry a bag strapped to the engine cover (Pop rivetted pickup tie down clips to the cover) and a large video camera bag on the riders back rest. The strap goes under the hump,Bag sits on top of the backrest, doesn't intrude on the boss on the back, and doesn't intrude on me. Making mounts for some leather saddle bags that I made years ago. Catch you all later. Geoff

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Koni seems to have dropped out of the motorcycle/scooter shock market in the USA. They only sell shocks for automobiles (and a few other wierd applications) here. I think I read that there is an Australian firm that was marketing clones of the Koni motorcycle shocks under the name Inok (Koni spelled backwards?).

·
Registered
498 Posts
Simple but important mods and accessories:
1. Suzuki Optional (Honda) Grip Heaters - thermostat & microchip controlled grip heaters that are essential for a bike of this versatility.
2. Suzuki Optional passenger backrest.
3. 12litre waist bag, with map pocket
4. Autocom Intercom

Set-up as opposed to mods:
3. Setting the rear shocks into the 4th highest position, as I was grinding centre stand on bends and bottoming out on bumps on the standard 2nd setting when riding with passenger and overnight camping luggage (total passenger/luggage weight 160kgs)
4. Getting the brake levers in the correct position - really effects the performance of the brakes.

Apart from that, I'm looking into:
1. 'Hump' bags to sit on the engine hump that should be released from Suzuki later on this year.
2. HID headlight conversion - which I've carried out on the x11 resulting in far better visibility at night, and also an increase in the visibility of the machine itself to other drivers at any time of day. The standard 55W bulbs on the 650 are pretty good though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
details?

do you have any details on the Hump bag from Suzuki? Cost, size, structure (canvas, etc.), or anything else?

What is a "waist bag"?

The grip heaters - are they from Honda or Suzuki? Although I'm from Phoenix, these might come in handy during the few cold mornings we have here in december (mid 30's).

1 - 20 of 57 Posts