Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside the gas filler door on the K400 (2008) is a small rubber cap and next to it - It looks like a tiny sight glass..!!! WHAT IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO.???

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
That's the coolant fill tank and sight glass window. I can never tell what the level is though by looking through the glass, so I stick my finger in to check.

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daboo said:
That's the coolant fill tank and sight glass window. I can never tell what the level is though by looking through the glass, so I stick my finger in to check.

Chris
Thanks Chris...............That is what I thought it was but was not certain after looking at "Tech Guy" s instructions for filling with coolant...!! He took half of the 400 apart.?????

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Wish I had caught that oversight on the reservoir :oops: Indeed i took mine apart as i couldn't find a way at easily getting to the bleeder screw to get the air completely out of the coolant loop from what i read in the service manual when i put that together. Though I'm sure Mitch has likely shown an easier way to do it I'm sure since then, haven't watched the vid on it in a long while now.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TechArtGuy said:
Wish I had caught that oversight on the reservoir :oops: Indeed i took mine apart as i couldn't find a way at easily getting to the bleeder screw to get the air completely out of the coolant loop from what i read in the service manual when i put that together. Though I'm sure Mitch has likely shown an easier way to do it I'm sure since then, haven't watched the vid on it in a long while now.
Not to worry.....!!!!!!!! I enjoyed watching your step-by-step through agony............ :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I shine a torch in the filler hole to make the level show up better in the window.

I thought the older style 400 was the one that needed dismantling because the header tank was up near the battery somewhere

·
Registered
298 Posts
I find the easiest way to check the level is to pull the rubber away from the side of the coolant bottle,( pull it back where the shaped part is on the right for holding the petrol filler cap ).

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Now here is a question for all who have owned their 400s for ...lets say less than two years. This is a challenge question. I know the answer, and I'm sure most of us who have owned our 400s for longer than that have either figured it out or read the answer earlier.

To the right of the coolant tank window and fill cap is a round indentation. What is it for?

Now let's see how long it takes to answer that. Again, if you have had your 400 for more than two years, please let the new owners scratch their heads on this one. :lol:

Chris

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
:D I'm not telling :lol:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Exactly! :lol: When the answer comes out, those that just learned what it is for will say, "Huh???". :lol:

Chris

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I even use it now and then but can be more trouble than what its worth.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daboo said:
Now here is a question for all who have owned their 400s for ...lets say less than two years. This is a challenge question. I know the answer, and I'm sure most of us who have owned our 400s for longer than that have either figured it out or read the answer earlier.

To the right of the coolant tank window and fill cap is a round indentation. What is it for?

Now let's see how long it takes to answer that. Again, if you have had your 400 for more than two years, please let the new owners scratch their heads on this one. :lol:

Chris
UHHHH.... :roll: It is not worth using.............BUT I won't tell either................ :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
It is a faff trying to use it, so I don't use mine either. :wink:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its for filling freon into the air conditioner :p I use R134A the older models still use R12 I understand...

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I qualify to answer but I think I read about it in one of the threads. I'd rather see someone work it out. I don't use it either but it was well intentioned if on ly fairly executed on the part of Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I thought, at first sight, it might be a place to park the gas cap when you have it off. Or place to put spare gas cap.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
okay, a hint, the old b52 bomber pilots used it and it wasn't a speaking tube :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
You guys got me interested now I need to go out and take a look to see what is there other than the cap I take off for filling. Never figured anything to do with checking the coolant either.

Well it took a little light to see the gauge but it told me nothing. To be sure it was full I over filled it which took very little anti freeze. I cannot see the level reading this gauge. If it over heats I shall add antifreeze. The scooter needs to be vertical so I guess the center stand should be used.

I did learn something from reading my manual. I should not drink antifreeze. Rats I did not know that. :shock:

Thanks for the post Ken I now know where to add the anti freeze.

As for the other indented hole, I know what it is for which is going to never get used.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts