Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open the seat.
Look at either side, near the seat pivot.
There are metal hook thingies sticking up.
What is the purpose of them? :?:
Sorry, no photo available

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
To hang your helmets on when parked up and your storage is full - hook your helmet strap on the hook and close the seat and it should be semi-secure.

I removed one of mine and used the threaded mount at the bottom for part of my airbag trigger :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
8,125 Posts
yup, and about as convienient and useful as 3 left boots to a quadruple amputee

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
yup, and about as convienient and useful as 3 left boots to a quadruple amputee
+5 :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I have those on my Honda SH and my Burgman. Both scooters came with a 8" length of cable, looped at both ends that goes through the 'D' ring of my helmet strap before being hooked on the bracket. The seat is then closed so that you can only remove the strap when the seat is raised. I find it very useful on my SH due to the limited storage but I've only used it once on the Burg when the underseat was full and my top box wasn't fitted.

One of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-mo ... _680wt_689

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use these helmet hooks regularly. If my good lady wife and I go out for day, we can get all our leggings, jackets boots and gloves under seat, secure two helmets on outside using these hooks then can walk about all day without all bike gear. Its these little features I especially like about the Burgman.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I tried using those stupid things a couple of times but finally gave up. It was too difficult for me because my seat will not stay up - so it requires me to use my three hands to utilize the so called "helmet hooks".

Instead, I use a short cable (8 inch, I think) which I loop around the left part of my handlebar between the mirror/brake lever bracket & the switch gear control unit. I have a small padlock on the cable which I use to "secure" my helmet's D-ring to the cable.

But I only use that for short stops because I use the underseat storage or my Givi topcase most of the time or simply take my helmet in with me if I'm going into a restaurant (especially in hot weather).

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I've got a couple of carabiners that work real well. They slide fairly easily (unless you're in a hurry) over the hooks and also hook to the metal on your chinstrap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts