Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,987 Posts
It looks like part of an aftermarket support bracket, for securing aftermarket hard saddlebags. If that’s the case, yep, it should be attached (or removed, if don’t plan on adding saddlebags.

Could you take a wider picture? Did you just buy this used scoot? Is there one on the other side?

If you’re talking about the hose, I believe it’s the gas tank overflow tube, and may need to be rerouted slightly.

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like part of an aftermarket support bracket, for securing aftermarket hard saddlebags. If that’s the case, yep, it should be attached (or removed, if don’t plan on adding saddlebags.

Could you take a wider picture? Did you just buy this used scoot? Is there one on the other side?

If you’re talking about the hose, I believe it’s the gas tank overflow tube, and may need to be rerouted slightly.
I’m talking about the hose. The support is part of my Fehling racks system.

·
Premium Member
9,987 Posts
Okay, a pic of mine (2008 Exec):

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, a pic of mine (2008 Exec):

View attachment 98398
Ah ha! I have the shorter hose, too, and it goes through a little spring-like holder. So I ran the schlong-y one through same holder, and now my bike looks like yours! I wonder how it slipped outta there in the first place.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
The clue for future reference is the white ring around the hose a few inches from the end. This is where the hose clamp is supposed to go around. I have similar white circular markings on some of my F250 rad and tranny line hoses.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
It's the drain hose for the gas filler neck overflow drain. The white mark is where it goes in a bendable clamp where the other drain hose is near the centerstand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts