Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will not work on 2005 and up Burgman 650's. Only for 2002 thru 2004's.

Some may not know why the 2003-2004 650 diesel rattles more than the 2005 and up. Here are pictures of the Polish made adapter replacement. This is how Suzuki should have done it from the beginning and also how they should have made the change fro 2005 and up. If done early enough to the 2003-2004 it may make the CVT last longer. Sorry for the blury pic's but you can still get the idea. This adapter has about 160% more engagement in the splines.

This is the original adapter. Notice how the teeth are worn down and have sharp points? and at the bottom the teeth are not even used. BAD DESIGN!
Primary adapter 1.jpg

This is the wear pattern that has caused all the issues on the 2002-2004's.
Primary adapter 2.jpg

Here are the old junk and the new Polish adapter, at least 40% more teeth engagement JUST on the bottom part.
Primary adapter old and new 1.jpg

And about another 120% engagement added with the top part.
Primary adapter old and new 2.jpg

The Polish adapter kit with my old worn out piece of junk.
Primary adapter old and new 3.jpg

Here is the Ebay listing for the kit. It is well worth the $225 if you have a 2002-2004 Burgman 650.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252248990678?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Administrator
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The weather was nice today and I decided to install my Polish Adapter. My bike was REAL noisy before. I used the Youtube method and it came out easy and the new one I did have to tap it with a hammer and brass drift to seat it as it is TIGHT, almost German spec's of Gutentight. :twisted:

After I installed it and ran it till warm, then I pulled the bolt and put blue locktight on the threads. But this fix only made it about half as rattely, I now know that I have another rattle and its coming from the cam/timing chain area so my timing chain tensioner is worn and adding to the noise but I could not hear where it was coming from before.

The picture above of the origanal one is from my other 2003. The one I pulled out today was in MUCH worse shape, like almost totally fretted away teeth on the splines.

·
Administrator
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you will need an impact gun. The shaft will spin at slower speeds. Harborfreight has an electric one for about $40 that will do the job.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts