Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone explain and put into words the feeling you get when riding your Burgman. IT'S about the ease of riding and being able to enjoy your surroundings. I've owned approx. 55 bikes from a homely Honda S-90 all the way up to the GL1800 Goldwings (I've owned 6 of them) I recently bought a 67 Honda Dream like the one I had back in 68 that I rode to Mexico when I was 16. Talk about blowing your mind, when you do the math for comparison of the GL1800, that bike is 6 times the displacement of the 1967 305 Dream that was a very nice hi-way bike back in the day and much smoother than the 305 Super Hawk or 305 Scrambler. The Dream had a single carb and the pistons were on a 360 degree crankshaft while the Super Hawk and Scrambler were both dual carbed with a 180 degree crankshaft (that difference was what made the Dream so much more smoother than the other 305's plus it had that enclosed chain which helped keep the maintenance down a little) (I had the add-on windshield, crash bars, Bates white saddlebags and a Honda line luggage rack). And now I've owned 5 Burgman 650's and I keep coming back for more after a slight hiatus. So, if YOU can put it into words, please express yourself and the feeling I speak of...BTW, I guess you can tell I'm a cycle-holic and my name is Tom (one of my X's made the comment that if they cut my head open, little motorcycles and Corvettes would fall out and cover the floor)

·
Registered
220 Posts
As far as the "IT" bike/scooter I don't look at it that way. For me it has always taken three bikes to fulfill my riding wants, a big road bike, a midsized dual sport bike, and a off road bike, now that I own a Burgman it will take four to get the job done. At 68 I do see myself making some bikes changes as I'm riding much less, the dirt bike will go first then probably the big road bike. I would most likely keep the KLR 650 and the Burgman 650, these two would get the job done at this time in my life. Five years ago I wouldn't have even considered a Burgman, but like I said a 68 it has proven to be a joy to ride and it does now have a place in my stable. I think the Burgman is here to stay, it just fits in much better then I thought it would. If we had the Honda Integra here in the U.S. I might make a change, but until then, the Burgman fill the gap. For most of us these things are just toys and we all know about adults and their toys.

John

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've got to agree with Trainman John - it depends on the kind of riding you do. I'm a commuter and the Burg is just perfect for that. She's fun to ride, she's got good weather protection, she gets great gas mileage, and she holds all of the stuff I need and plenty of stuff I don't. I think she'll keep me happy for a long long time.

·
Registered
753 Posts
After riding for over 45 years now I much more enjoy the ride than going fast all the time like I used to. Give me a nice and quiet and preferably twisty backroad and I'm good to go no matter if I am on my PC800, my KLR650, my GL1800 or now my 650 Burgman. If it is a few hour ride or a several day ride I just enjoy being out there somewhere. My Pacific Coast is getting a bit long in tooth and even though she still runs well at almost 90,000 miles she just aint quite the bike that she was when I bought her new back in 1995. The KLR is fun for a while, then the big thumper starts getting a bit tiring and I start looking for reasons to stop for a and take a break. The Goldwing...well...I do enjoy the bike but let's face it, sometimes I do not need or want a bike that weighs over 900 lbs just to go on a ride.

The Burgman just seems to beckon to me when I feel like taking off for a few hours. So friendly and comfortable yet peppy and will carry all the gear you should ever need for a day ride or even longer. Just humming (the bike as well as me) down a country road with all kinds of pleasant scenery and pleasant thoughts going through my head as well. So soothing. If everyone had a Burgman to ride no doctor would ever have to write another prescription for Valium ever again.

I ride because it is good for me to ride. I feel good when I ride and I feel extra good on my 650 Burgman Executive. I need no other reason than that I don't think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts