Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone educate me on the difference in the years of ecu / ecm /computers and what years are interchangeable. Since 2006 I have had around 8 or 9 Burgman 650 between the ones I ride and the ones I bought for parts. The reason for this question is I have a 2009 executive, 2008 Burgman and 2007 Burgman right now and I have 4 different instrument panels. If I change the dash from one burg to another they do not work correctly. I know the early Burgs only have 2 plugs on the ecu and the later ones (after 2005 I think) have 3 plugs. So back to my problem, I have a couple dash from around 2006 (I think) and if I plug them into my 2007 or 2008 the miles do not show up (it says CHEC in place of the miles) and the temp gauge does not work. Also on ebay I see ecu for sale and they say they fit 2003-2011 or 2003-2013 and I do not think the ecu are interchangeable through that many years. Well I hope I was clear and can't wait to hear the real deal. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
I can't tell you which years fit which bikes but I know that others have reported problems when they tried to use a ECU and a dash from different year models. Seems that at least in some cases they need to be the same.

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
When I bought my first 2008 650 from Copart's its dash was smashed. I bought a used dash unit from Ebay and it was a 2006 from what the seller said. It worked fine.

The ECU/ECM for the 2002-2004 has two modules, one for the CVT and the other for the ignition and fuel injection.

ECM's.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a series of letters and numbers on the back of each instrument cluster and I'm wondering if they might identify the year or something that the cluster came from? example: 19h4, 10h1 and so on. I do not remember the exact letters/numbers but they usually have two numbers then a letter and followed by another number. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are a series of letters and numbers on the back of each instrument cluster and I'm wondering if they might identify the year or something that the cluster came from? example: 19h4, 10h1 and so on. I do not remember the exact letters/numbers but they usually have two numbers then a letter and followed by another number. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks
Quick cuestion, anyone know where the ECU module is EXACTLY located for '08-11 burgmans?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Go to www ronayers.com
This will enable you to look up the ECU part numbers and give you exploded diagrams of all the parts. ECU is normally under the dash handlebar area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts