Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been looking at the gallery and the posts regarding different luggage options. It looks like the Givi E52 is what we want for our mini GoldWing.

What isn't clear is just what is necessary to mount it. Obviously the top case is needed. There is also a "mount" that appears to be required, which appears as though it might need a rack of some kind on which to be mounted. Is that right? So we need the Suzuki rack as well?

If we buy the top case and the mount, will there be instructions regarding what else we need and where to make secure attachments on our 650?

There seems to be a good deal of variation in pricing for the Givi line. So far AZMotorsports looks like a good source. Do they have a good reputation with the group?

Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have a Givi case on mine. I did not install it, but the case mounts via a quick disconnect to the mounting bracket which is bolted directly to/through the plastics. There is no additional rack, stock or otherwise. I understand that Givi does provide pretty decent installation instructions w/thier products.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I installed the Givi E52 Maxia box about a week after I purchased my 650. Givi has a mount with a quick release specific for the Burgman. I also bought a toprail and backrest that installs on the box. I installed it one Sunday morning in about 2 hours ( and I'm not mechanically inclined). The instructions were easy to follow, and you will need no other brackets, etc. The one thing I did need to purchase was a drill bit that looked like a cone (the name escapes me). I was able to easily drill the appropriate sized holes in the plastic using it.

It's been on the bike since, no regrets or problems. It holds 2 helmets, so it almost doubles your carrying capacity.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll be putting risers, grips, and a CV windscreen w/vent on the scoot this month, so the box will have to wait a month or two, but that looks like the way to go :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The drill bit is a "unibit" or step drill. fairly $$$, but way cool for tupperware work. Usually available in two ranges, but I'm not sure what they are. I put a GIVI E46 on my Pacific Coast, read the instructions and then read them again, and be patient. This winter The Burger King gets the E52 w Brake light

Bill

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
weygold

Nice pics on the install. A+++ :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Saved me $50.00. The matte black looks good. Having that silly brake light pre-installed is priceless

Electrical looks clean. simple routing, no holes in the tupperware

Ever try Posi-tap connectors? Solid as solder but removable http://www.posi-lock.com/

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts